Corvette to Launch as a Brand in 2025 with a Four-Door and an SUV

And just watch how their sales will explode, although they are also going EV, so that is a wild card IMO.

I remember when Porsche announced they will be marking 4 door and SUV models, everybody that was into cars, including magazines etc. said that it was a bad idea. Turns out enthusiasts and professional car reviewers have no clue what general public will like/dislike.

I spoke to a "Mustang EV" owner recently. She really likes the vehicle except for one thing. She doesn't think it should have been called a Mustang - because it isn't a Mustang.
True, but calling them "Mustangs" and "Corvettes" earns them name recognition vastly far and away better than any new name they could come up with. And probably better than almost any other old badge already in the stable. Falcon? Nova? Galaxie? Citation? Fairmont? Tough to come up with a real good one.

I remember when Porsche announced they will be marking 4 door and SUV models, everybody that was into cars, including magazines etc. said that it was a bad idea. Turns out enthusiasts and professional car reviewers have no clue what general public will like/dislike.

True. The difference here is Porsche didn't spin off 911 as a brand and call the 4 door a 911 Panamera. They pulled it off and Porsche SUVs and 4 doors are normal now. The branding is going to be weird.

True, but calling them "Mustangs" and "Corvettes" earns them name recognition vastly far and away better than any new name they could come up with. And probably better than almost any other old badge already in the stable. Falcon? Nova? Galaxie? Citation? Fairmont? Tough to come up with a real good one.
Well Ford did reuse Maverick with some apparent success. Its history was no better than the other 70s crap cans you listed.

"These new EV spinoffs will reportedly aim to distill the "essence of Corvette" in terms of design and driving dynamics."

Benefit of doubt, wait and see approach.

Last edited:
And just watch how their sales will explode, although they are also going EV, so that is a wild card IMO.

+1
Same when Lamborghini made their announcement and then there was BMW/Mercedes back in the late 1990's. The next shoe to drop occurred when BMW and Mercedes SUVs received the M/AMG treatment. Of course some enthusiast will say that the majority of the SUV owners are not true enthusiasts and automakers will say they could not survive without these customers.

Back