Corn Hole boards finishing.

Finishing some Corn Hole boards what to use how would you do them thoughts ideas products. This is the unfinished board yes I have a set been sitting for years time to get them done by end of the next week.
20230922_180130.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to suggest priming with any water based primer (read: easy to apply + clean up + cheap) then coat with a gloss color of your choice. Do this for 'slide'.
Use gloss for any large design element....use flat here and there to slow down the bag, say, on the edges to reduce fall-offs.

Really blow their minds with "minus points" sections.

Last edited:
Too little time!
Just clear or a coat of filler and some outdoor furniture white.
If you had more time, I'd suggest making it look old-timey with red or green and gold trim.

Oh, make the hole bigger so I can play too.

Too little time!
Just clear or a coat of filler and some outdoor furniture white.
If you had more time, I'd suggest making it look old-timey with red or green and gold trim.

Oh, make the hole bigger so I can play too.
I apologize and changed in post need to be done by the end of next week I have some thoughts myself will be starting tomorrow.

The proper way to do it is to prime it twice first, and wipe down with tack cloth. I used colored primer to match the paint.
Then use semi-gloss, two coats, to finish.

2 coats high build post catalyst white primer it's built for MDF they feel like glass will sand and build a bit more. NBA is for cutting coatings not cleaning catalytic converter I could explain why it's used if you want to know.
20230923_113034.jpg
20230923_113049.jpg

I used white paint on ours we built several years ago. It was a great father/son project.

We have “Canadian” boards and “American” bags.

Just my $0.02

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpeg
    IMG_1349.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 2
Back