Where to replace a 5/8 curtain rod end/finial?

It’s kind of weird as there’s only one left out of three curtain rods for a home my parents are prepping for new renters. As far as I can tell, they only seem to come with new rod sets. What they’ve found at IKEA were screw ons, but require a plastic end piece with a hole. And most of what’s available screws on. Can find some slide on caps, but only for 1” rods.

The plastic end pieces with the hole would be fine, but we don’t know where to find them.

Sounds like the previous renter removed them on the move out? The market for replacements that match the finish on cheap rods is very limited I assume. Might as well buy new curtain rods. You can get ones cheap that will most likely be able to use the same screw holes as shown.

61B8GRtGdsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Sounds like the previous renter removed them on the move out? The market for replacements that match the finish on cheap rods is very limited I assume. Might as well buy new curtain rods. You can get ones cheap that will most likely be able to use the same screw holes as shown.

View attachment 204738

I think the previous renter installed them, but the finials fell off and they left it as it.

IKEA has new 5/8” curtain rods for $9 each, and those come with plugs that accept screw in finials. They’ve got basic ones for $1 a pair.

My dad had this idea to use a PVC pipe cap instead.

Back