CITGO SUPERGARD 20W50 55gal $53.85

1000010224.jpg

Anyone here order from Ave Petroleum before? Might be a deal for those that can get a deal on shipping, or pick it up.

Obligatory will this work in -92f with short trips, and biannual oil change intervals in a modern toyota that specs 0w8?

pricing data:
24cents a qt beating the walmart pricing error of 2021
The Walmart 2021 pricing error blew this away… it was 3 5-qt jugs for .99 cents, or 6.6 cents per quart. Sorry, I couldn’t resist 😄 plus there were mail-in rebates!

The Walmart 2021 pricing error blew this away… it was 3 5-qt jugs for .99 cents, or 6.6 cents per quart. Sorry, I couldn’t resist 😄 plus there were mail-in rebates!
abut but but but steel drum vs plastic bottle?????? thats got to count for something.

love the data points though. Ill edit my comment.

This was many years ago. There was a store named Jamesway in New Jersey. Mobil 1 was on sale for $3.33 a quart. But in the store, the Mobil 1 was in six packs. So, I bought one, expecting the price to come up as $19.98. Instead, it came up as $3.33 for the entire six pack. I told the check out person that the price was an error, but she insisted "OUR REGISTERS ARE NEVER WRONG" So, I paid the $3.33 for six quarts. Then, given that the registers are "never wrong", I went back in and bought out all the Mobil 1 on the shelf, about a dozen more six packs. Went back to the same register, paid $3.33 a six pack again, and strolled out the door to my car and left. And paid cash, so my name was not traceable to the sale.

I figured, with that level of arrogance, I deserved the bargain.

And, coincidentally, the store went out of business about three months later.

Back