Chevy's Holiday commerical

Marketing is a ruthless business. Don’t let them take advantage of your good intentions. Purposely released, I’m sure, during the holidays. Shameless drama designed to increase sales.

As someone who's seen a couple grandparents go down the road of dementia it does do a good job tugging at your heart strings.. Good days/bad days and moment of clarity are definitely part of it. Honestly the moments of clarity are some of the most worst for the ones with the condition..

Very appropriate, the Suburban nameplate is the oldest continuing nameplate in automobile history starting in 1935 and has ran continuously even through WWII GM continued production as so many were used by the military.

Reactions: 4WD
The neighborhood scenes were filmed in Holly MI. I remember hearing about them filming there in the fall. The Wyoming drive in is probably 45 minutes away near Detroit on Ford rd (notice the Ford missing from the sign LOL)

Nothing wrong with this. Corporate marketing sure. Buts what’s wrong with showing the aging human condition with setting an example of a loving family trying to make life as best they can?

I truly wish there was more of marketing like this. Maybe it will help return some humanity to some less privileged, elderly people in the way they are treated.

We can become so wrapped up in ourselves and our toys, not realizing the example we set for our children.

Very appropriate, the Suburban nameplate is the oldest continuing nameplate in automobile history starting in 1935 and has ran continuously even through WWII GM continued production as so many were used by the military.
Worked with a guy from Maine that had two vehicles … a mint 4WD (restored) Burb like that + an AMG63 …
Nice combo 😎

I was the caregiver for my folks in their last years. Mom had dementia/alzheimers, and was like this often. She was usually anxious or just scared. Songs from her younger years would sometimes bring on moments of lucidity, and she would sing along word for word.

Back