Champ Filter Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use low priced (non E-core applications) Champ filters for extended drains under several different brand names (SuperTech, STP, AC/Delco) and am wondering if there are meaningful differences among them--it would only be in the filter media as they're all constructed the same. (I've cut a ton of 'em open over the years) Since they're all relatively inexpenseive, I'd like to be using the best one if there are differences in the media quality. I'm more concerned with durability than efficiency due to extended drains
dunno.gif
. Filter Guy, are you lurking? Can you shed any light? Thanks!

STP are not everyday low-priced like AC Delco and Supertech. Where are finding them priced so low?

There's nothing subpar about the Ecores. I find the cage to be an improvement.

Autozone has my STP's for $3.19--my applications aren't e-cores (7317, 2808, 4967) but I don't have anything against 'em. If STP or AC/Delco versions have better media than SuperTech I'd like to know. Where's Filter Guy when you need him?

i need the filter guy also, a friend was telling me he just saw on the harley site where they say the k/n filter should be used with syn oil only as it eats away some of the paper type filters, you must use a syn type media filter .. true ??

Has there been a price drop on STPs in the past year or two? It's been that long since I last window-shopped the STPs. I don't recall them being priced the same as AC Delcos. At that $3.19 ballpark pricing, if they have price-changed recently, then they are probably the same quality inside too.

If thats the case, then odds are, all three filters are the same. The only difference is the volume pricing on the Supertechs -- allowing them to be a half-buck or-so cheaper. Chinamart gets the lower price as always - because they sell a ton of them.

Quote:

i need the filter guy also, a friend was telling me he just saw on the harley site where they say the k/n filter should be used with syn oil only as it eats away some of the paper type filters, you must use a syn type media filter .. true ??

Sounds like #@$%! to me. Never even heard that rumor and the syn companies would be letting you know to buy their more expensive filters or face certain doom (and no warranty coverage) if it was true.

" k/n filter should be used with syn oil only as it eats away some of the paper type filters, you must use a syn type media filter .. true"

not true

"k/n filter should be used with syn oil only as it eats away some of the paper type filters, "

So what would a K&N do with dino?

Think about the logic of your question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back