STP XL oil filters again

I would normally agree but those Champ ecore filters have all looked great during C&Ps.
yea, but they’re not quite the PG filters. tons of laser straight pleats, coil spring, silicone ADBV, gasket, and better efficiency.

Very interesting and quite timely, for me... Just picked up one of the AZ specials and got the 0W-20 Synthetic with this exact same STP XL filter + their Premium air filter as well for the $39.99 deal. Filter indicates Made in China and has the tapered end, red gasket.

I'm wondering what the OP's application(s?) is/are for this filter? AZ apparently doesn't carry an STP XL filter for my application (2017 Outback 2.5L) but their "exact fit" list shows the fram PH7317 and they assured me their STP S7317XL was also appropriate, just a bit longer than the blue can, standard STP S4615.

In the past I've used the STP Synthetic for quite a few oil changes with no problems, usually with a WIX filter.

Your comments are appreciated: it has been quite a while since I've been on the site...

Cheers!

P.S. I have read a couple articles bemoaning the actual quality of the blue Subaru factory filters (well, excepting the Black JDM Tokyo Roki versions): anyone with input on this?

Back