Carrier A/C moving ALL production to Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
I hope that if Trump gets elected that products produced OUTSIDE of the USA get slapped with huge tariffs. Fact is when strictly enforced, tariffs work well.

Trump's products are made outside of the US. We know he isn't going to tax himself.

I apologize, but he is really stinking up the place. "We can put a man on the moon... We can produce clean coal" and now the entire coal is on the verge of imploding and they all voted for him.

Sure the college kids love the guy... Until they get to the real world and see no hope and change. Back to their McJob with little hope for a full time job.

www.DailyJobCuts.com

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Is this the part where we play the marching band music and take arms against the government like all those other sordid posts you made when the Oregon maroons gave up?

I believe that when the Feds murdered Mr. Finnicum in cold blood
(see drone video for proof, the man has his hands high in the air before they murdered him)
the other Patriots actually proved their point to the rest of the country, that the folks in charge of this gov't are guilty of tyranny.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I apologize, but he is really stinking up the place.

Sure the college kids love the guy... Until they get to the real world and see no hope and change. Back to their McJob with little hope for a full time job.

www.DailyJobCuts.com

I get you don't like the President. Why do you keep trying to inject politics into this discussion? I would love to reply but I am respecting the no r/s/p rule.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

I get you don't like the President. Why do you keep trying to inject politics into this discussion? I would love to reply but I am respecting the no r/s/p rule.

If you want a reply on that comment please go to the PMs OK? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Will there be ANY manufacturing jobs in the USA in 20 years ?

Sadly, probably not. This problem started in the 1960's, we stuck our heads in the sand for decades as jobs moved to Mexico and Asian countries with low costs of labor. We also had foreign governments that were subsidizing manufacturing and dumping their products here for less than they cost to manufacture completely destroying great American companies. Decade after decade we did nothing and now all of those jobs are gone, but we're enjoying the benefit of cheap goods. Worth it? I don't know.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Another child of the brain-dead NAFTA agreement. Still hard to believe that was signed into law by a Democratic president (Clinton). Talk about selling out your (union) constituents!

Yes NAFTA at it's finest. Biggest sell out of American jobs I have seen in my life time. What's scary to me is Bill's wife being president.
negotiated by Bush

I hope that if Trump gets elected that products produced OUTSIDE of the USA get slapped with huge tariffs. Fact is when strictly enforced, tariffs work well.

What that means is tariffs on US goods going into other countries as well.

I have several years past experience with the aftermarket small turbine engine repair division of UTC...the division managed in Canada to be precise and the cost structures and pricing schemes are beyond the scope of good business practices. Money has been hemorrhaged/wasted for years while at the same time giving colossal bonuses to managers and supervisors every year on or about March 15th. While repair quality is very good, customers can really no longer tolerate the obscene prices; I'm sure the same carries over to the HVAC part of the business. The Carrier division here was sold to the employees about 5 years ago and seems to be doing well. Sorry to hear a large number of families face something like this. UTC did them dirty by springing this out of the blue...only way to correct this type of corporate behavior is with our wallets and spending our money with companies that show some sort of ethical behavior.

The solution to this is so simple I can't believe it hasn't been done. Tax businesses extremely high that outsource, and give tax breaks to those that have their products produced here in the U.S....it's not rocket science...

Originally Posted By: grampi
The solution to this is so simple I can't believe it hasn't been done. Tax businesses extremely high that outsource, and give tax breaks to those that have their products produced here in the U.S....it's not rocket science...

Pretty much. Lot of other nations do exactly that.

And about as capitalist as it gets.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: hatt
rump's products are made outside of the US. We know he isn't going to tax himself.

Examples, proof?

Trump's clothing line is made in China

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

What that means is tariffs on US goods going into other countries as well.

On SOME, I'm talking about tariffs on goods coming from slave wage countries, not all.

They're forgetting that their employees are their customers. Putting their employees out of work today means fewer customers tomorrow. And their employees will be telling everybody in their family to not buy another Carrier if they can help it.

Scum.

This is from an article I read, it contained a quoted curse word so I won't link it.

Quote:
The past few years have been very good for United Technologies. The contractor does billions of dollars a year in business with the federal government. CEO Gregory Hayes pulled down nearly $10 million in 2014, and over $20 million the year before. On Thursday, the company reported $7.6 billion in profits, up from $6.2 billion the year before, and $5.7 billion the year before that. In October, United Technologies even expanded its stock buyback program to $12 billion. By spending the company's own money on it's stock, it elevates the value of its share prices. It was so flush with cash that it could burn money to boost returns for its investors.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: hatt
rump's products are made outside of the US. We know he isn't going to tax himself.

Examples, proof?

His line of suits are made in Mexico.

I can't see his burlap toupee/combover being made in the USA, either.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back