Building a clem engine using cooking oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TommeyReed
Let me start with the sand casting was a mixture of copper, 40% zinc ore and 1% tin. I melted down using my propane furnace.

This is called Naval Brass, very hard to cut compare to the cheap brass at home depot.

Different metals depend of how much carbon is in the mixture of iron ore. in the past they burn down trees to get the carbon, today they use coal coking to get the carbon to make steels.

So yeah, I made my own Naval Brass!

What you are doing doing is combining metals to make an alloy. You are far from making metal!

You have nothing else to do but being a Industrial Maintenance Supervisor.

Go clean some floors, you talk too much!

Lets stop the chat, just what are you doing beside talking and showing "NOTHING"?

Last edited:
LOL, you know nothing about my background. You did not make metal. You have demonstrated basic fabrication and machining skills. I am not the one touting my superior superior skills at (Making Metal). Keep spouting off, you sir are the one trying to prove a point!

Tommy I have some questions for you. Why do you think there are no functioning Clem’s engines today? Why was there only one (or two) and the only one remaining was/is buried (still operating) under 10 feet of concrete in some secret location?

If you can build one with your machine shop, why in all these years has no one else built one? Your machining skills may be impressive but so are a lot of other people’s. Why are you the first one to attempt to recreate Clem’s engine when apparently the only problem with prior attempts was low pressure?

Why hasn’t anyone else re-discovered this stupendous machine since Clem? What has prevented that?

Bottom line, why isn’t a Clem machine powering my car today, or my house or my neighbor’s house?

This thread has inspired me. Now that we are no longer constrained by the laws of physics, I have spent the morning building a time machine in my garage.

Does anyone know of a generator that can put out 1.21 jigawatts at 12v? I imagine I'd need somewhere in the vicinity of 1.5 jW of startup power for my flux capacitor that's rated at 1.21 jW constant.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
This thread has inspired me. Now that we are no longer constrained by the laws of physics, I have spent the morning building a time machine in my garage.

Does anyone know of a generator that can put out 1.21 jigawatts at 12v? I imagine I'd need somewhere in the vicinity of 1.5 jW of startup power for my flux capacitor that's rated at 1.21 jW constant.

No, but I do have some Unicorn Milk and Fairy dust that I can donate to the cause!

Originally Posted By: EricG
No, but I do have some Unicorn Milk and Fairy dust that I can donate to the cause!

I don't think those will lubricate the PRV motor properly due to the lack of ZDDP in the new SN-rated unicorn milk. What do you think about using Rotella T6 in this application?

I started these comments to try my skill in building something like a Clem's engine, yet from the get go, all I here is it won't work...

I will find out, and also learn something. What is wrong with that?

Some people learn differently then other, why not try a project on your own?

I know I have no clue, even when I have a patent and patent pending....

I like doing these project, also I have no work up here is in Pa.
So I enjoy finding something to do.

At 48, my house is paid for, my chevy 2011 cruze is also paid for, all of my stuff is also. my wife has a car payment and that is it!
My point is this, I enjoy doing my projects...

I thought this forum would be great to have questions & answers, boy was I wrong!

I want to just move on to a different chat forum, how do I delete this account?

My question is why are there very little information out their on the so-called Clem's engine?

Bedini and all of the overunity crazy people can find tone of stuff on the internet, and yet very little information from Richard Clem..

What is out on the Clem's engine is other people opinions of how his engine could work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uytNXEEPhNM&feature=plcp

Last edited:
My questions to you were genuine, not provocative. I wanted your opinion.

If you don't believe in "overunity" or "zero point energy" then why build the device? What's the point, to make some sort of turbine? Isn't the whole point that the device makes more energy than it consumes? Where do you think that energy comes from?

Another thing I have always wondered about a machine that outputs more energy than it consumes - why doesn't it become colder and colder as it does so, and eventually freeze up? It should.

Bedini and all of the overunity crazy people can find tone of stuff on the internet, and yet very little information from Richard Clem..

Now days with hundreds of years of science and millions of minds that have worked on the principles of science, often the best way to accomplish a worth wile improvement in some field is to stand on the shoulders of the scientific giants that came before you.

Last edited:
Yeah but "lighter and lighter" would imply a whole different form of energy production...

Actually I think that most proponents of perpetual motion machines would say that the energy comes from a yet unknown "field" or source that the device is able to channel into useful work.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Colder... Or lighter and lighter...

You have nothing else to do but being a Industrial Maintenance Supervisor.

Go clean some floors, you talk too much!

Lets stop the chat, just what are you doing beside talking and showing "NOTHING"?

Yes I can clean a floor if need be. I have since completion of high school almost 30 years ago attended and completed school A/P school (aircraft mechanic) with paperwork, Machinist school with paperwork and am certified in structural welding, with paperwork. I have worked at a local chemical plant since July of 1991 as a Millwright (you can look up the term) and in 2005 I was promoted to maintenance supervisor until present day. I oversee all of the daily maintenance and repair of all types of rotating equipment such as centrifugal, screw and reciprocating pumps, compressors, gearboxes hydraulic systems, conveyors (belt and screw). I also oversee the day to day operations of the machine and fabrication (welding) shops. In my spare time, two nights a week I am a certified instructor at an Assioated Builders And Contractors school and I teach young people in a Millwright course. At my job, we ( make) a world class grade Ti02, through a chemical conversion process. So never ASSume that you know more about metal work, pumps etc. These are basic facts that I can back up, when you can prove that the Clem engine is not a hoax, I will conceed.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Tommy I have some questions for you. Why do you think there are no functioning Clem’s engines today? Why was there only one (or two) and the only one remaining was/is buried (still operating) under 10 feet of concrete in some secret location?

If you can build one with your machine shop, why in all these years has no one else built one? Your machining skills may be impressive but so are a lot of other people’s. Why are you the first one to attempt to recreate Clem’s engine when apparently the only problem with prior attempts was low pressure?

Why hasn’t anyone else re-discovered this stupendous machine since Clem? What has prevented that?

Bottom line, why isn’t a Clem machine powering my car today, or my house or my neighbor’s house?
It's in the same vault as the 500MPG carburetor. "This little gadget was brought to us by our friends....from out of town"

I agree that Ft=mv, but what about gas laws that says as the temperature increase so also will pressure. The pump will produce temperature to the input head pressure. The rotational effect will cause cavitation do to the pump in the drum.

I'm tring to put this into one complete formula, too many question on what will take place.

I thank you for your input...

I also understand that if I pull any load on the drum, the fuild pressure will increase in the pump head pressure.This will in the effect produce a greater load in watts, I'm looking at speeds above 3600 rpm's this will produce cavitation and also greater heat in the system..

What is your opinion on my theory?

Tom

This is why I think it needs to be built...

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with other things...

So, I think the engine needs to be built so that you can see the actual performance and energy of the engine. My observations, along with those of others, won't really mean anything until you (and we) can see what actually happens...my ability to predict (based on my background) is imputed, it's intellectual, so seeing the machine in operation will make the results real.

As far as gas laws - sure, as temperature increases, in a gas, pressure increases, PV = nRT - the universal gas law captures that relationship, where P is pressure, V is volume, n is the amount (in moles), R is a constant and T is the temperature in Kelvins (roughly celsius + 273).

But I don't see how the gas law applies in this instance, you're using a fluid (cooking oil) as the working substance in the engine, so while you see the temperature increase, it will result in only a little expansion of the working fluid.

Cavitation, as I know it, is the formation of bubbles due to local pressure variation, in other words, it is the formation and then immediate implosion of cavities in a liquid. This is a source of energy lost, of inefficiency, in propellers and pumps, not a source of energy creation...

You're right, there are a lot of complex variables in this, pressure, temperature, friction, turbulence, momentum, etc...it would be a daunting task to put it all in one equation...but I wouldn't bother. I would break down each component. Look at each step as the fluid goes through and determine the energy required for each step...and that's the key to this engine - where is energy yielded? Where does it come out of the system to do work? In each step that I analyze, I see energy being required, energy required to run the pump, energy required to move the fluid, energy required to overcome friction, energy required to overcome turbulence, and the only place in which I see anything being created is in the reaction (impulse) at the jets to create the rotation, but it's not enough to overcome all the other losses...in my opinion...

That's why the system hits an equilibrium...the rotation stops accelerating when energy in = energy lost to all those other things...

There was a good TV clip about cavitation and the damage it can cause to cement in the exit ways of dams. Someone figured out that if they introduce air into the water just before the section where the cavitation would otherwise occur that the air prevents the cavitation and the cement is not damaged. The cost of pumping in the air is cheap compared to the costs of fixing the cement after it is damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back