Building a clem engine using cooking oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a basic test to see if the power steering pump works, also what pressure is needed to generate heat.
I will have to get one of my DC motors to power the pump to test input vs output of psi/gmp.

You can use this basic formula to calculate how many hp is needed, can be expressed as:

PHP = gpm*psi / 1714

Watts is in fact power output, just as mechanical input create electrical watts output.

It is said that for every 2hp of mechanical work, you will produce 1kw of electricity. The lost is the mechanical frition, due to the rpm's needed to produce the 60hz or 3600 rpm in a basic ac generator.

As we all may know, 745.699872 watts is 1 hp, but it take more mechanical hp to make 746 watts due to mechanical lost of work.

I have not shown the output of power yet, to prove or disprove Clem's engine.

But to make a statment that this won't work is just over stepping things unknown.

Last edited:
That is also funny, stop being a clown...

Have you tested anything like this, please show the video to save me from learning something new, or wasting my time...

This is a fun project, and also their is a lot to learn dealing with this type of energy conversion.

We're going to get nowhere with this. No matter what the facts are, you will always come back with some nonsensical response, spouting gibberish like it is fact and saying that some aspect of a rational argument just hasn't been explored enough. This is the bottom line.

It is as if I told you I was building a machine that could convert aluminum into gold. And you told me that I can't do that because it involves changing the structure of an atomic nucleus and that can only be done in a particle accelerator or nuclear reactor - and unless that is what I'm building, it can't be done. But I kept coming back and saying oh, you don't understand the facts, many people think it is impossible but this machine I am building (which uses raspberry jelly) can do it. I just have to find the right kind of raspberry jelly...

The problem is not raspberries nor is the head pressure in that goofy machine. The problem is that a fundamental understanding of truly basic physics is missing. Do you seriously think that the -only- problem with this machine not putting out more energy than is being put in is something that wouldn't have been solved by now? That increasing the head pressure (as you put it) to 300 PSI is all that is needed to create a perpetual motion machine?

You are clueless, this has not been done.

I'm looking to see if this reach Overunity, not my claims yet!

Please give the link where test was done rotating a drum being pressurized to cause rotation...

If all you can do is talk with no data or video to back up your opinion, then you are wasting my time.

Where is this data, the math and the videos?

I think this was also said that man could not fly, even when the math also claim the same thing..

I'm the only one building a prototype, if it works or not.
You are just a talking point, move on please!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TommeyReed

Yes, please show that data and math.

This was a basic test to see if the power steering pump works, also what pressure is needed to generate heat.
I will have to get one of my DC motors to power the pump to test input vs output of psi/gmp.

You can use this basic formula to calculate how many hp is needed, can be expressed as:

PHP = gpm*psi / 1714

Watts is in fact power output, just as mechanical input create electrical watts output.

It is said that for every 2hp of mechanical work, you will produce 1kw of electricity. The lost is the mechanical frition, due to the rpm's needed to produce the 60hz or 3600 rpm in a basic ac generator.

As we all may know, 745.699872 watts is 1 hp, but it take more mechanical hp to make 746 watts due to mechanical lost of work.

But to make a statment that this won't work is just over stepping things unknown.

Tommy - right now, the output of this thing is zero. That's right, zero. So, it's pretty easy to calculate the watts going in (but that's a guess, the actual current draw is likely to be less than the rated HP of your pump) and pretty easy to calculate the efficiency of this device...let's see, zero divided by what, 745, would be uh, let's see, carry the zero...oh, um, yep, ZERO.

Zero output, so, zero efficiency.

You've turned 745 watts into zero...so this isn't a case of "things unknown"...they're quite well-known...just not by everyone posting here...

Who was it that said, "Go in your books and copy the formulas and paste it to your chat room so you can feel smart!"?...and yet, that's exactly what you've done here, posted a formula that was mis-applied and mis-understood...with calculations that derive from faulty suppositions about how energy is used in this device.

There was a study done at Yale (my daughter's college by the way...) a decade ago that gave folks an IQ test and then surveyed them on how they thought they performed....

Results were illuminating. The top 5% were dead on in assessment....they knew exactly what they got right, and what they got wrong. The next quartile, less so. The third quartile, was hit or miss...but the bottom quartile? The 25% of the population that performed the WORST on the test?

Absolutely, positively convinced that they had nailed it...firmly convinced of their superior intelligence, they would believe only that they had gotten every question right on this particular test...

Put simply: it takes a clue to know that you're clue-less...

So, though you know nothing of my background, my education or experience, feel free to criticize my intelligence, to make personal attacks, but it won't change the simple fact that this engine will not ever achieve "over unity" or "generate power".

I am sorry that you are unable to see that...

Last edited:

PHP = gpm*psi / 1714

1800 for a four pole, what's the point? How many horses does it take to make a "HP"?

You are clueless, this has not been done.

I'm looking to see if this reach Overunity, not my claims yet!

Please give the link where test was done rotating a drum being pressurized to cause rotation...

If all you can do is talk with no data or video to back up your opinion, then you are wasting my time.

I think this was also said that man could not fly, even when the math also claim the same thing..

I'm the only one building a prototype, if it works or not.
You are just a talking point, move on please!
I've got a big batch of cold fusion brewing.

Unlike you, I have tested output vs input of energy...

It just show me you are clueless.

I will bet you that I can create output of energy, yet you just can see it because you have no understanding of real physics as you claim to know.

Let me give you some basic course in mechanical work:

33000 rise one foot in one minute =1 hp
1 pound rise 33000 ft in one minute = 1 hp

Now lets look at simple math
If you have a total of 20lb of thrust using the jets on the drum.

The diameter, say 24" will give you a constant 20ft/lb,under a load of 1000 rpms *20/5252 = 3.8hp

If you wonder where I got the 5252 from:
24"*pi/12*5252....

To say you won't get anything out is just being a clown, and making statments that question your understanding of mechanical work!

Last edited:
TommyReed, are you oh, let's say, about 12 and home from school today? I'm starting to smell a rat in that I think we are getting scammed here....
40.gif

My point is this, it take greater foot pound to rotate a 1800 rpm's generator, when to rotate at 3600 rpm's.

It take less mechanical work to spin a 2 pole 3600 rpm's generator then a 1800 rpm's with four poles generator, It would use greater torque to equel the same output of watts.

Also the thermo heating will also increase do to the higher loads need to spin at low rpm's PV=nRt.

Yeah that it, I'm wasting my time with people that just talk.

I have to finish my project.

How do I remove my membership from this forum?

Yeah that it, I'm wasting my time with people that just talk.

I have to finish my project.

How do I remove my membership from this forum?

You should stick around. Then, can tell us all "I told you so" when you create an energy machine and become the most famous man in the world for creating free energy that defies the laws of physics, all with cooking oil in your garage.

Yeah that it, I'm wasting my time with people that just talk. I have to finish my project.

Absolutely correct. Finish the project, get your data, do the math. Then be famous and wealthy and let us know.

Unless you have a question to ask?

No, that's ok...

I don't need to prove to anyone if this engine really work, I need to see if it really did do as Richard Clem has claim it did.

How do I remove myself from this forum?

I'm not interested in forums that are not into research, or prototypes to prove their theories...

How do I remove myself from this forum?

I'll tell you how if you buy my hydrogen generator for $39.95.

You professed a belief in God in your other thread. Apparently however, you are unable to realize that this belief is incompatible with a perpetual motion machine. The entropy of any closed system must -never- decrease if we are to have a stable and predictable universe. It was designed that way. Without it there would be no way anything could exist.

If entropy could spontaneously decrease (as would be happening in a functional Clem's machine) - then the sun could suddenly and unpredictably quit shining and could in fact start taking in energy. Our bodies would unpredictably cease to function due to no fault other than that the processes that govern metabolism would suddenly have become invalid.

Heat would unpredictably start flowing from colder objects to warmer ones - you could never operate any kind of mechanical device whatsoever. The expansion of the universe would cease and would result in its very destruction. Time could stop and could reverse. In fact, nothing in this observable universe would be as we see it today. The list goes on and on.

It has to be this way. The progression from less to more entropy is woven into the very fabric of the universe. It's not something that can be overcome by rotating cooking oil.

This has nothing to do with Ford wanting a V8 or man being able to fly. You're not even in the same ballpark.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
You professed a belief in God in your other thread. Apparently however, you are unable to realize that this belief is incompatible with a perpetual motion machine. The entropy of any closed system must -never- decrease if we are to have a stable and predictable universe. It was designed that way. Without it there would be no way anything could exist.

If entropy could spontaneously decrease (as would be happening in a functional Clem's machine) - then the sun could suddenly and unpredictably quit shining and could in fact start taking in energy. Our bodies would unpredictably cease to function due to no fault other than that the processes that govern metabolism would suddenly have become invalid.

Heat would unpredictably start flowing from colder objects to warmer ones - you could never operate any kind of mechanical device whatsoever. The expansion of the universe would cease and would result in its very destruction. Time could stop and could reverse. In fact, nothing in this observable universe would be as we see it today. The list goes on and on.

It has to be this way. The progression from less to more entropy is woven into the very fabric of the universe. It's not something that can be overcome by rotating cooking oil.

This has nothing to do with Ford wanting a V8 or man being able to fly. You're not even in the same ballpark.

Here here!

Originally Posted By: kschachn
TommyReed, are you oh, let's say, about 12 and home from school today? I'm starting to smell a rat in that I think we are getting scammed here....
40.gif

I, too, thought this was some elaborate joke where somebody was trying to prank us all and he was going to have a huge laugh at everybody when it's over. But after listening to the dialog in the video, I think the belief is genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back