Building a clem engine using cooking oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TommeyReed
Too many so-called engineers claim this won't work, yet nobody was willing to test the theories of the clem engine.

These engineers don't have the time to play with things that obviously won't work. It's up to the proponents to demonstrate that it works and submit it for peer review. It's not up to engineers to investigate every theory that pops out from the woodwork.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Christopher Columbus thought the Earth was a sphere. He was considered crazy. Nobody would sail with him because the Earth was thought to be flat and he would sail off the edge.

That's an attractive myth that tries to make Columbus more of a hero.

But it's false.

It was well-known that the earth was round (except among the ignorant), the Greeks postulated that it was round in the 6th century BC. Eratosthenes calculated the circumference around 200 BC to be about 25,000 miles (within a few percent of the actual value) by using the difference in the length of shadows at noon between his native town and in Alexandria, to the south.

Anyone who has watched a ship sail away and disappear below the horizon can see the curvature of the earth. This would include the ancient civilizations...but might not include the ignorant folks living on a farm in the middle ages...

You have a point, but you over look the Viktor Schauberger vortex theories.

One thing I do know is I have a design that I believe is the real clems engine. After all the the welding and different designs, making internal turbine pumps. It seem that he used a hydraulic external pump to drive his engine.

I will build this engine(some call it a transmission) and I will load test input vs output to see if this really did work...

People forget that this drum in the summer experiment has a mass weight of 20lb and rotated at 1200 rpm's

With just 30psi head pressure, to spin that mass take some real power.

Sigh....

I don't know where to start in responding to this...look, Viktor Schauberger is the archetype of pseudoscientists...heap a bunch of scientific-sounding jargon together and fool people into thinking he has great insight.

But he didn't.

He was another crackpot.

Tommy, your drum rotates at 1,200 RPM and weighs 20 pounds? Pretty easy to calculate how much energy (rotational inertia) is stored in it. That energy came from the electricity that went into the pump. What's the current draw on the pump?

Measure the current draw on the pump - as the wheel accelerates, it will be higher (potential energy is being stored). As the wheel is at max speed, the current draw may be smaller (no more energy being added to rotation, just have to overcome the friction of the motion, and the energy loss in fluid turbulence and heat)...but it will still be greater than zero...you will still be putting in energy (electricity) to the pump...and that energy will still be dissipated in the form of turbulence, friction, and heat.

But the wheel isn't driving anything...it's just spinning...it's a flywheel, only less efficient, since a flywheel only has bearing friction, not all the fluid turbulence. A spinning wheel isn't energy out...

Energy in. Nothing out.

While I appreciate your skills in fabrication, fabricating machines, building stuff, isn't the same a scientific breakthrough. You've built a machine that rotates, using electricity, that's what you've achieved.

I agree.

How many people do you know that can build these project with just pennies?

I have seen many people asking for millions of dollars to build prototypes, when in fact it so they can live off that investment.

I believe that even if the Clem's engine is not as Richard Clem claims it to be, it's not a waste of other people dim.

I also have tested output of energy from my summer experiments, I just did not have enough pressure or flow to get a good reading of efficiency.

For years I spent thousands of dollars having machine shop screw me out of money, now that I got a small version of a machine shop, I screw them out of labor....lol

40" metal lathe, 14" metal lathe, 8" metal lathe, 20ton press,plasma cutter,mig welder,drill press,small CNC, and tons of tools.

I also do programming in C++,Cad,CNC and graphics animation.

Forth degree in Aikido, yes the Steven Segal stuff....lol

I just want you all to know, i'm not so crazy person, everything I build works, the question is how efficienct will the version of the clem's engine be in.

I did go to college to study mechanical engineering for a year, but I got sick of how people acted, thinking they are better then everyone else.

The same types of engineers that scams people that design the Chevy Volt! What a waste of dollars!

Anyone can learn how to do anything, they just have to want to learn.

You are wrong! the input of head pressure has drop 50%, due to the rotational spin that created it's own head pressure.

The watts input also drop by 50%, if you have a constant head pressure and watts input of load then where is this extra energy being created from. It's the rotational inertia force that moves the liquid out at a higher speed.

After I build this, you will see that the rotational inertia is a force that is created, this also can create extra work, this will allow less input of energy.

spin a steel flywheel fast enough, and the G-forces will blow the steel flyweel apart. This also will happen to a liquid, the inertia will increase head pressure to a point where input pressure will drop to Zero point!

Last edited:
You are wrong! the input of head pressure has drop 50%, due to the rotational spin that created it's own head pressure.

The watts input also drop by 50%, if you have a constant head pressure and watts input of load then where is this extra energy being created from. It's the rotational inertia force that moves the liquid out at a higher speed.

After I build this, you will see that the rotational inertia is a force that is created, this also can create extra work, this will allow less input of energy.

Pin a steel flywheel fast enough, and the G-forces will blow the steel flyweel apart. This also will happen to a liquid, the inertia will increase head pressure to a point where input pressure will drop to Zero point!

No, the input pressure will never drop to zero point. No matter how fast you spin this contraption, you will always have to put energy in to keep it spinning.

The head pressure drops because the fluid starts flowing faster, not because you've created energy.

You are stuck with this pseudoscience tautology, a set of mutually-supportive, but false, beliefs in how energy, flow, pressure are related. Because of this, you are interpreting your results completely in error...I've already given you a simple test to see if this can self-sustain:

Take the pump out.

Turn off the pump.

The wheel will stop because all it does is turn the energy that was added to the system (by the electricity running the pump) into turbulence and heat.

So, since I am wrong - PROVE IT.

Take the pump out. Make a video of the fluid dynamo Schaunberg vortex hydronsonic molecular accelerator engine running forever using centrifugal overpressure without the pump putting energy into it. Make a video of the perpetual motion energy machine...but you had better don your Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie so the government doesn't steal your ideas...

This is simple to understand:
If you take the head pressure like your garden hose and use that pressure to spin a wheel, you will still have a constant pressure pump load in watts.

Now take the same pressure and pressurize a drum to the same head pressure and allow the drum to spin from the jets. This will create more energy output, and also drop the input of the pressure pump in watts.

This is a fact you created more output!

I am clueless, yet you have shown only that you can build a simple water or oil turbine! You also are not making metal. Yor are recasting existing metal. People have been doing this for how many years. I to can weld, and machine metal etc. I do not have a simple forge, but I could build one for a minimal investment but have no need. I welcome you to prove me wrong on the Clems engine though.
smile.gif

Again, you are are clueless. When was the last time you did any real experiments?

Head pressure is also a constant load in watts, less head pressure is less watts needed.

If you have more flow of water, with less pressure you will use less energy.

If you have greater pressure, and less flow you need more energy!

What a clown....lol

Last edited:

What a clown....lol

Invariably, it usually leads to name calling.
Tommy, as soon as you hook up that pump that uses no power of it's own, I think you've got a winner. Until then, that thing will use more power than it makes. But please prove me wrong.

A clown is not name calling, it's someone that want to make fun of the facts...

Idiot, would be name calling lets get that right next time!

spin a steel flywheel fast enough, and the G-forces will blow the steel flyweel apart. This also will happen to a liquid, the inertia will increase head pressure to a point where input pressure will drop to Zero point!

Do you have an estimate of how fast the drum will have to spin to achieve zero point energy?

Originally Posted By: Doc
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious...

Wow. This is delusional and incoherent.

Just wow.

Again, you are are clueless. When was the last time you did any real experiments?

Head pressure is also a constant load in watts, less head pressure is less watts needed.

If you have more flow of water, with less pressure you will use less energy.

If you have greater pressure, and less flow you need more energy!

What a clown....lol

Is this a troll or are you serious? Equating wanting a V8 to violating the second law of thermodynamics?

I mean, who knew? All these years and the only thing standing between conservation of energy and a perpetual motion machine was cooking oil and sufficient head pressure! If only we had known... The Crisco company is going to make a mint.

What's so special about cooking oil anyway? If you want to reduce frictional losses I would suggest a perfluorocarbon fluid. A bit spendy and quite dense, but low shear losses.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Don't even pay any attention to the naysayers. I think this is cool. I wonder what people said to henry Ford when he wanted a v8

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Don't even pay any attention to the naysayers. I think this is cool. I wonder what people said to henry Ford when he wanted a v8

They may have said, "It'll be too expensive!" or "The technical hurdles are huge!"

They wouldn't have said, "It's impossible; you're trying to violate the first and second laws of thermodynamics!"

This is simple to understand:
If you take the head pressure like your garden hose and use that pressure to spin a wheel, you will still have a constant pressure pump load in watts.

Now take the same pressure and pressurize a drum to the same head pressure and allow the drum to spin from the jets. This will create more energy output, and also drop the input of the pressure pump in watts.

This is a fact you created more output!

Nope - not a fact at all. You didn't "create" more energy output...input pressure is not measured in watts...they're not the same thing...and the output is just your rotating mass of turbine/jets. The rotating mass is stored energy. That doesn't create any power/energy. You're getting nothing out of this except rotation.

So what? So what if the thing rotates? It will stop when you stop putting energy in. It takes less energy to stay steady state than it does to accelerate it to steady state? That's true for a car, too...doesn't mean that cars are creating energy when they drive...

You have simply used electricity to make a wheel spin, a fancy wheel with all kinds of distracting jets spraying, and then been distracted by the change in pressure in making the wheel spin, thinking that there is some energy creation because the value on a gauge changes...but you've failed to take into account the change in flow, which affects the pressure...and the whole time, your pump is still putting energy into the wheel...

Calling me names. Guessing on my background. Straying away from the facts of the discussion won't change the truth:

You put energy in. You get nothing out.

Clem's engine is a hoax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1bAds_lhVs&feature=plcp

I finally watched the video and I all I can say is that we now know that your tool box and tools won't rust.
You talked about "unity" or "getting above unity" in your video. I'm pretty sure they only way you will ever "get above YOUR unity" is if you run a long extension cord over to your neighbors house and run your pump off of his electricity bill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back