Bridgestone Turanza EL400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been covered before, but I would like to add, I think these are the worst tires I have owned. They are very loud on anything but perfect asphalt (noise on rough cement is astounding, although it gets better when the cement does). But most of all they are scary in the wet. I experienced bad hydroplaning driving through rain in the mountains, and they only had 5000 miles on them at the time. And the description of them is that they are quiet and resist hydroplaning (from Tire Rack)!

I can't wait to get rid of them, although I will. I wish manufacturers would pick some better OEM tires.

Yup. Most OEM tires (at least on lower end cars) are built to a price point and emphasize fuel economy over everything else. I would sell them on CL while they still have a decent amount of tread left and get something else.

I have these on my new car as well. They suck. They are not the noisiest H-rated tires I have ever had, but they are not what I would call quiet. They do make a bit of noise in hard cornering which is crummy for an H-rated tire. When I went to Discount Tire to buy road hazard coverage for them I should have asked about trade-in value for a different tire. I have almost 5,000 miles on them myself. I am concerned about the hydroplaning since that is how I ruined my 89 Accord and was forced to buy a new car.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yup. Most OEM tires (at least on lower end cars) are built to a price point and emphasize fuel economy over everything else. I would sell them on CL while they still have a decent amount of tread left and get something else.

Yes. Dont bother with them. Rip them off and put something decent on there.

Agreed, they are simply crummy OEM tires. I told my brother to get different tires for his 2012 Mazda3. He'll be complaining about how his MZ3 can't handle snow this winter.

I'm shopping now. I'm more concerned about the snow than the rain currently.

I'm actually rather alarmed at how much wear they show (I'm at 6400 miles now).

your life rides on those tires.

IF you are that unhappy with them.. change them out.

you can always sell the oems on craigslist for a few bucks.

Yep. I've got the Turdanzas on my 2012 Subaru Legacy (Factory tires). The only thing that made it OK during the little bit of bad stuff we had last winter was the AWD. They also came factory on our Odyssey and they were marginal for winter driving the first winter. Once they had like ~12K miles on them they were useless in the snow. I swapped them for Mastercrafts at about 25K miles.

Joel

Worst tires i ever had, Firestone Firehawk GT-H, car dealer stuck them on before i bought the car used, After the 1 year free replacement of worn out parts warranty ran out, i swapped em for Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring, a normally OEM only tire. Great tires for snow/rain 80,000 mi. sometimes you get [censored], sometimes you get decent for OEM type tires, i got OEM style Continental ContiProContact, and they are noisier than the uniroyals i had on a focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back