Boston bombing suspect captured alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess their license plate was the tip:

dzhokhar-tsarnaev-girlfriend.jpg

from: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/2-pals-accused-boston-bomber-custody-article-1.1323004

They keep mentioning a BMW 'suv' in that article, but it's a 330 Xi sedan ...

I am really anxious to see what law enforcement will get out of Suspect #2 and these 2 friends of theirs..

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The Russians gave the US warning about these people. They said they were 'dangerous'.
So yet again the US is given intelligence and nothing is done. Seems like we waste billions on security to ignore warnings from credible sources.

We don't even need warnings. We need to stop letting people immigrate into the US especially from countries where Americans themselves would not be safe or welcome. Immigration is just completely unnecesarily inviting in problems and potential terrorist. There's plenty of other places these immigrants could go that are closer and culturally similar than coming to the US. America is becoming the world's dumping ground of immigrants and imports with almost open borders and trade.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Did they impose martial law to catch this guy? How else could they walk into every home without warrants? Some people on TV were claiming they were asked to go home at gun point.
They sure did a great job of catching the guy, but at what price? What's next, random house searches because a random criminal is on the loose?

A reporter claimed that some official told him, "If you want to live, turn off the camera." I was also quite disturbed the sheer number of heavily armed officers entering what appeared to be small houses. I am also pleased that they caught the guy, but it appears a number of sacred rights have been trampled upon.

Now, no miranda rights for the accused. One would imagine that with the amount of money spent each year on "homeland security" and the sheer amount of evidence, this would be a slam dunk. However, they are still bent on denying him due process.

I'm not sure about the no miranda rights reading. This remaining guy is a US citizen for better or worse (I don't think they should've ever been allowed to immigrate here to begin with) and as such he has a 5th ammendment right to remain silent. I don't care what a US citizen has done assasinated the President or whatever, the Constitutional rights should still stand. I see a slippery slope where the gov can label anything terrorism and circumvent the constitution. I also was amazed at how Boston was so willing and completely able to be shutdown by law enforcement like it was.

Lets just hope and pray that this all doesn't turn into a "Problem Reaction Solution" bit again. You know, where sweeping universal restrictions on civil liberties are justified by terrorist acts. I too believe that more diligence should have been observed when dealing with the residents of Watertown.

Originally Posted By: sentra

A reporter claimed that some official told him, "If you want to live, turn off the camera." I was also quite disturbed the sheer number of heavily armed officers entering what appeared to be small houses. I am also pleased that they caught the guy, but it appears a number of sacred rights have been trampled upon.

Now, no miranda rights for the accused. One would imagine that with the amount of money spent each year on "homeland security" and the sheer amount of evidence, this would be a slam dunk. However, they are still bent on denying him due process.

Stuff like this, for instance.
02.gif

According to the Washington Post:

Originally Posted By: WP
U.S. officials say a special interrogation team for high-value suspects will question Tsarnaev without reading him his Miranda rights, invoking a rare public safety exception triggered by the need to protect the public from immediate danger.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/a...edd9_story.html

I am glad that American Civil Liberties Union is raising alarm over the issue, as it's quite a troubling development.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
Lets just hope and pray that this all doesn't turn into a "Problem Reaction Solution" bit again. You know, where sweeping universal restrictions on civil liberties are justified by terrorist acts. I too believe that more diligence should have been observed when dealing with the residents of Watertown.

02.gif

Well, reading the comments of, supposedly, American citizens at the bottom of various news articles indicates that a significant majority isn't particularly concerned about the lack of due process. I just hope those views aren't the snapshot of general public opinion.

Originally Posted By: jrustles

02.gif

Well, reading the comments of, supposedly, American citizens at the bottom of various news articles indicates that a significant majority isn't particularly concerned about the lack of due process. I just hope those views aren't the snapshot of general public opinion.

Yep, good ole emotional investment. The more invested the individual is made, the more 'unusual' or extreme reactions they will accept.

Also this is making the rounds on the 'net. I HOPE it's just a hoax

http://i.imgur.com/paK3lGJh.png
WUTWUTWUT?!

Wonder what everybody think about the difference between drug cartels,terrorists,mentally-sick shooters,lying politicians sending my brother and your son to war for the heck of it,etc?

BTW, all of them are US citizens,should any of them be read their Miranda rights?.

Come on, human rights is what make America different from Afghanistan.

JMHO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird

I am really anxious to see what law enforcement will get out of Suspect #2

Don't keep your hopes high.

Quote:
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was shot in the throat and could not speak because of injuries to his tongue, said a source close to the investigation. It was unclear when he would be able to talk

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-boston-bombings-20130420,0,380473.story

so it looks like both of these guys were American citizens. the 19 yr old. The 26 yr old guy married an American girl and they have a kid. He automatically became an American citizen. One thing the story gets fuzzy, he spent six months in Russia without his wife and kid? doing what exactly? his American wife must know something. There are pictures of her on the internet wearing the black muslim atire. her dad is an ER doctor from Rhode Island

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
so it looks like both of these guys were American citizens. the 19 yr old. The 26 yr old guy married an American girl and they have a kid. He automatically became an American citizen.

No, it doesn't work like this. Besides, his citizenship application has denied/put on hold due to the FBI investigation.
He also had domestic abuse charges.

The most interesting story is how his only "american friend" and his buddies got killed while smoking weed a few years ago. Case never solved. Makes you think:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ta...ticle-1.1322990

my idea is that the FBI and the people that work with them could not have done a better job. i hope this will send a message to the bad guys, to stay away from the U.S.A.. or we WILL take care of you. if those terrorist want to be martors come on over we WILL help you to be martors .

Also just keep in mind on how we view things here in the USA. In New New York we had a woman do drugs and drink enough she killed 8 people 4 of them children, on the Toconic parkway. However nobody lost a leg and they did not close NYC terrible some said. But she was not from another country.
Originally Posted By: Azeem
Wonder what everybody think about the difference between drug cartels,terrorists,mentally-sick shooters,lying politicians sending my brother and your son to war for the heck of it,etc?

BTW, all of them are US citizens,should any of them be read their Miranda rights?.

Come on, human rights is what make America different from Afghanistan.

JMHO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Did they impose martial law to catch this guy? How else could they walk into every home without warrants? Some people on TV were claiming they were asked to go home at gun point.
They sure did a great job of catching the guy, but at what price? What's next, random house searches because a random criminal is on the loose?

Honestly...when I saw the video, it looked like something out of Soviet Russia.

According to the Washington Post:

Originally Posted By: WP
U.S. officials say a special interrogation team for high-value suspects will question Tsarnaev without reading him his Miranda rights, invoking a rare public safety exception triggered by the need to protect the public from immediate danger.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/a...edd9_story.html

I am glad that American Civil Liberties Union is raising alarm over the issue, as it's quite a troubling development.

As long as they do not use anything he says against him...I'm fine with it.

I'm hoping they get all the info they need from this guy and he dies. I'd puke if he gets off due to some legal technicality, or one of his rights was somehow violated. If he dies after the info is gathered the lawyers swarming him trying to make a name for themselves, or cash in won't have a shot either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back