Boston bombing suspect captured alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jrustles

Everyone wants to quickly say "duh, it was religion" but wasn't the married one and his wife practicing Christians?

No, he was fanatic and converted his american girlfriend into muslim.

Johnny Geehad was apparently brought to our attention BY the Russians in 2010. That's a rough part of the world. Just ask the Armenians.

I'm sure we will hear of a motive and all the little details once they really start interrogating him.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

Everyone wants to quickly say "duh, it was religion" but wasn't the married one and his wife practicing Christians?

No, he was fanatic and converted his american girlfriend into muslim.

Weird. The media here reported specifically that he converted to Christianity because of his wife. What American girl converts to Islam? lol sheesh. I wish these 'news' outlets would build a solid story and then report it!

What American girl converts to Islam? lol sheesh.

might be more than you think. I personally know OF at least two, and I am sure those are not the only 2 on earth.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Pablo's comment is wrong: HE encouraged the wife/GF to convert to islam.

Source?

I read the comment that - maybe the younger one (?) - was indeed encouraged by the/a GF (Italian???). I am only repeating what I read. The older one was married and maybe was converting the wife to Islam.

We have had two sets of married couple friends - the wives converted to Islam. The women both say they "feel safer".

The Russians gave the US warning about these people. They said they were 'dangerous'.
So yet again the US is given intelligence and nothing is done. Seems like we waste billions on security to ignore warnings from credible sources.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The Russians gave the US warning about these people. They said they were 'dangerous'.
So yet again the US is given intelligence and nothing is done. Seems like we waste billions on security to ignore warnings from credible sources.

I heard that too. That's not going to be good for the current administration.

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: rshaw125

I heard that too. That's not going to be good for the current administration.

Uh....yeah.....right, the MSM will continue to "worship" the current administration just as they have been. Nothing to see here folks! Move on to the next story!

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
A lot more warnings were ignored before 9/11

If you want to go on about warnings concerning 9/11, I'd point the initial failure at Clinton, not Bush.

If warnings were ignored about 9/11, is that an excuse to warn them again by the current administration?

not an excuse, just a comparison.
(my post was rather unnecessary and impulsive (not untrue) - I just edited it (was too late to delete)

Last edited:
Folks, the fact that CIA or FBI mess things up all the time has noting to do with who sits in white office. If you think so, you're brainwashed by partisan propaganda.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Did they impose martial law to catch this guy? How else could they walk into every home without warrants? Some people on TV were claiming they were asked to go home at gun point.
They sure did a great job of catching the guy, but at what price? What's next, random house searches because a random criminal is on the loose?

No.

They issued a shelter-in-place "order" -- which means the authorities asked people to please stay inside. No one was compelled to do so.

They searched houses by knocking on doors and being let in.

What I know is that everyone's gonna want to pin this on whomever they don't like; brown people, religions, gun advocates, the other guy's political party, Iraq, WMDs.. everyone's gonna want a piece of this.

It's frightening to say, but most people truly have no functional understanding of the difference between something that "sounds about right" and real evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back