Bosch filter 5000 miles in Jaguar V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
quote: You may see from one of the pictures that there is a very small "rock" on the element. I'm guessing this was a chunk of build up I assume. end quote:

Hopefully it was not a rock from induction during service....I have dropped a drain plug oil filter etc and wonder if junk has found it's way into the system.The filter did it's job!

Fwiw, I don't recognize this Bosch. It looks to have a black nitrile adbv, the Premium and Distance Plus both use silicone.

Looks like held up ok. Perhaps you could tell us what the can says and the country of manufacture.

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Fwiw, I don't recognize this Bosch. It looks to have a black nitrile adbv, the Premium and Distance Plus both use silicone.

Looks like held up ok. Perhaps you could tell us what the can says and the country of manufacture.

Thanks for the pics.

I wish I kept the part number, but the filter came in yellow boxes with red Bosch logos. I bought a set of 3 online from ebay for $6 a filter. Much better than the $18 OEM filter. I think the box said it was made in Austria or Belgium, but i cannot confirm that. I have done previous oil changes on the car and I am out of boxes to get the part number

I have just found a number 72209WS. I'm sure Bosch did a joint venture with another company if the nitral gasket is an odd thing to see

I believe the nitrile valve is particular to certain models. For instance, the Bosch filters for my Ford and Chryslers use black rubber, but my GM apps use silicone.

Ok did a little research on the 77209WS on the Bosch Part finder site. The WS stands for Workshop, which likely explains the nitrile adbv. The Bosch Prem is the 77209 with no suffix. Just guessing but the WS is to the Prem as the Puro Classic is to the P1.

Looks like it got the job done.

Looks good to me! Don't think I've ever ogled at a Jaguar filter before.
laugh.gif

As always, thanks for cutting and posting, I can never get enough.

That 'rock' could be a piece from the upper or lower timing chain tensioners. The early ones on the AJ26 engine (which is what you have) have a tendency to break/fall apart which ultimately results in major engine damage. If you are not sure that the tensioners have been replaced with the 3rd or 4th generation 'all metal' tensioners, then you should look into this.

You can search for that using terms like XJ8, X308, X100 and timing chain tensioner, upper tensioner, lower tensioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back