BMW TPT presentation

forgotten link is my category ,thats when i post after midnight.the price you pay when you post a new thread after midnight..here it is:

i know its an old article and it refers mostly to previous blender for US bmw-shell - which is still the same here in europe .

have a good reading! :)

Last edited:
forgotten link is my category ,thats when i post after midnight.the price you pay when you post a new thread after midnight..here it is:

i know its an old article and it refers mostly to previous blender for US bmw-shell - which is still the same here in europe .

It always amused me that there wasn't a single turbocharged engine which specified the "TwinPower Turbo 10W-60" oil.

[Actually the very early BMW 123d did require the 10W-60 oil due to balance shaft bearing issues, but this is a rare case and not mentioned in the slides].

It always amused me that there wasn't a single turbocharged engine which specified the "TwinPower Turbo 10W-60" oil.

[Actually the very early BMW 123d did require the 10W-60 oil due to balance shaft bearing issues, but this is a rare case and not mentioned in the slides].
It was specified by S85, S65, and S54 engines.

A couple of interesting things in in this presentation.

No 1 BMW expects fuel savings of up to 3% when going from LL01 to LL14fe (0w20)

No 2 NOAK increases from the 5w-X to the 0w-X but still well below the max allowed under C3 and SN. We already knew form the PQIA study on Shell TPT 5w30 that NOACK was 6% so the others appear to be no higher than 10% which was still very good.

No 3: FE increase from LL01 to LL01FE is no less than 1%.

BMW branded Shell product was very high quality.

It was specified by S85, S65, and S54 engines.
Yes - all naturally-aspirated and yet needing to use "TwinPower Turbo" oil. Also specified in early 150kW N47D20 engines in the 123d (which are turbodiesel).

Back