Pennzoil Platinum Euro L vs QuakerState Euro?

So would you guys take the Pennzoil Plat 5-30W Euro or the QS Euro 5-40W with the price difference being only $5/jug?

So would you guys take the Pennzoil Plat 5-30W Euro or the QS Euro 5-40W with the price difference being only $5/jug?
Price. With the Pennzoil I can get either a rebate, or with the periodic special of three 5 quart jugs for $42 on Amazon. So they are netting around $14 per jug.

Price. With the Pennzoil I can get either a rebate, or with the periodic special of three 5 quart jugs for $42 on Amazon. So they are netting around $14 per jug.
Every time I look on amazon the 5 quart jugs are out of stock. never seen them in stock, let alone on sale.

Every time I look on amazon the 5 quart jugs are out of stock. never seen them in stock, let alone on sale.
Just watch the thread in the deals forum. Or check the Amazon listing once a week. I bought in early December and early February. So may pop up again in early May? I just set a purchase reminder on Amazon for May 1, and to remind me every 2 months.

You cannot get rebate for euro L, as L is not platinum. Last time Pennzoil rejected mine due to that fact

They honored mine too after multiple back and forth, saying won’t honor it again. So precedent exists, so won’t be trying again.
Interesting, you make a valid point, the rebate says only for "Platinum" oils. And the Euro L is a mixed bag. When I check online, the 5 quart jugs clearly don't have Platinum, stated on the labels (same as the Euro L jugs on the shelf in my garage). But online, the one quart bottles and 6 gallon containers all clearing state "Platinum Euro L". I know when I submitted my rebates last year, I received them without issue.

They honored mine too after multiple back and forth, saying won’t honor it again. So precedent exists, so won’t be trying again.
Someone reported a couple weeks ago that they received the Pennzoil rebate on the Pennzoil Euro L 5w-30, that was not marked "platinum".

Someone reported a couple weeks ago that they received the Pennzoil rebate on the Pennzoil Euro L 5w-30, that was not marked "platinum".
Good to know
Based on the Slickdeals forum pennzoil is very sneaky when it comes honoring rebates, rejecting left and right for no good reasons

So won’t be giving them a reason

For my g37 i want to get shell helix ultra or PP euro ll01, which is the best oil from the rebate selection

Sadly it is all sold out in my local Walmart stores, hopefully they restock in the next few months

Good to know
Based on the Slickdeals forum pennzoil is very sneaky when it comes honoring rebates, rejecting left and right for no good reasons

So won’t be giving them a reason

For my g37 i want to get shell helix ultra or PP euro ll01, which is the best oil from the rebate selection

Sadly it is all sold out in my local Walmart stores, hopefully they restock in the next few months
Don’t hold your breath on finding Shell Helix Ultra from an authorized retailer in the States anytime soon

You cannot get rebate for euro L, as L is not platinum. Last time Pennzoil rejected mine due to that fact

It is interesting that Pennzoil is giving you trouble. Pennzoil Canada is currently offering a rebate and it includes Euro Full Synthetic.

pennzoil rebate.jpg

Shell won’t sell Helix in Pennzoil’s market and vice versa. It may be near identical on paper (even though SDS and PDS aren’t a valid comparison), but Helix is not a US product line. The Euro L is a fine oil on its own even if it’s not an API SP formula. 👍🏻
Someone needs to correct me if wrong - but I thought that SN plus and SP were identical except for the weights 0w-16 and less - which is why they came out with ILSAC GF6A and 6B, first time there were two ILSAC designations?

Someone needs to correct me if wrong - but I thought that SN plus and SP were identical except for the weights 0w-16 and less - which is why they came out with ILSAC GF6A and 6B, first time there were two ILSAC designations?
No clue on that, I don’t really focus on API specs since it’s really just an absolute bare minimum standard. I’m sure somebody else will fill us in on your question.

Additive levels of SN plus comply with SP, no idea if it meets the rest, like the timing chain test.

Shell won’t sell Helix in Pennzoil’s market and vice versa. It may be near identical on paper (even though SDS and PDS aren’t a valid comparison), but Helix is not a US product line. The Euro L is a fine oil on its own even if it’s not an API SP formula. 👍🏻
I did not say "Euro L" which is LL-04 ancient oil, I said Ultra 5W40 and Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 (non L)

The approvals are the same and the tech specs as well. Both GTL stock

I aware they might have slightly different formulation, but I am sure this Pennzoil one is the closest you can get to Helix Ultra in US.

Back