Auto RX Skeptic turned Believer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Not the Autorx Frank
Is this a game of wits????

It's coming to it.

Frank, there's a core group of people that ..for some odd reason, just want to attack this product. Half of this thread is quotes and recommendations for MMO and LC20.

..which makes it an invisible elephant about wondering why they aren't posting threads about MMO or LC20 ..but choose to offer them ...endlessly ..as alternatives to Auto-Rx.

It's some oddball disorganized but associated campaign ..for no good reason at all that I can figure.

What motivates this is beyond me. I'll take the straight answer ..but won't likely get it. I don't even want to be here for more than common sense and curiosity in social oddities in group dynamics. I need to know. I need to know why every group has an Omega member ..from the wolf pack to the work place ..there's always someone to soak up the displace anxiety of the group.

This oddity is motivated by something insidious or obscured ..for it lacks common simple explanation.

I gotcha, I was just suckered in I guess. There are 100 reasons an engine can make noise. I was attempting to add another possible answer to a question that obviously is not that complicated. To answer your other question, people are idiots :)

If you go to a mechanic and tell him your engine is making noises and that you put in some oil additive to clean your engine and that's when the noise started he will probably tell you to drain the oil out to get rid of the oil additive that is causing the noise unless you just want to live with it.

I can say from my own observations that this engine noise has something to do with arx since I did have noises in my engine when I used the product. When I switched to MMO I never heard any type of noises. I do not think it is normal for an engine to be making the kind of noises that many members have observed and posted about on this board.

Originally Posted By: Not the Autorx Frank
I gotcha, I was just suckered in I guess. There are 100 reasons an engine can make noise. I was attempting to add another possible answer to a question that obviously is not that complicated. To answer your other question, people are idiots :)

And I was attempting to explain my answer, isn't this what BITOG is all about? Then came the rant, I seemed to be the trigger this time. Oil starved, clogged, plugged areas that call for lubrication in an engine can make noise. My guess is they make noise because of the above, removal of it might just quiet things down. Pretty basic. Yes people are idiots!

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Let's try and sweep up in this totally garbage barrage.

Can anyone here concede that a lifter may get stuck?

(mr. Rodgers) Suuuure you can.

Can anyone here say that the actual sticking is not from lack of lubrication? That it is the stuck condition that would create the noise (which, iirc, is actually the valve slamming against the seat and not the valve train itself)?

Suuuure you can.

Now can any of you also see that a varnished outlet can maintain a normal pressure environment in the midst of a varnished supply?

come on ....Suuuuure you can.

Now can any of you imagine a situation where the outlet varnish was cleared before the inlet supply was cleaned up??

You can do it ...Suuure you can.

Can you also see this condition going away after the supply gets cleaned up?

I'm rooting for you ....Suuuure you can!!!

Hew r Juanderful (the Spaniard Swordsman from Princes Bride).

..but it's from the crew ..so
21.gif

Can every one see that Arx gently and slowly dissolves Sludge and varnish from your oil ways that strangely manifests itself as CHUNKS in your oil filter.....Suuuure you can!!

We are also told that Arx will penetrate and soften hard crud and slowly dissolve it. Now do we think
happy2.gif
that that penetration and softening does not cause expansion? Could that expansion restrict oil flow...Nooooo!!

Eh, what do I know..... Threads about ARX attract the nay sayers. MMO threads attract the nay sayers.

Pfft... I just dumped a qt of Rislone in. On top of the MMO I added last time.....

I'll either have a clean motor, or a two seat lawn ornament.

Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Let's try and sweep up in this totally garbage barrage.

Can anyone here concede that a lifter may get stuck?

(mr. Rodgers) Suuuure you can.

Can anyone here say that the actual sticking is not from lack of lubrication? That it is the stuck condition that would create the noise (which, iirc, is actually the valve slamming against the seat and not the valve train itself)?

Suuuure you can.

Now can any of you also see that a varnished outlet can maintain a normal pressure environment in the midst of a varnished supply?

come on ....Suuuuure you can.

Now can any of you imagine a situation where the outlet varnish was cleared before the inlet supply was cleaned up??

You can do it ...Suuure you can.

Can you also see this condition going away after the supply gets cleaned up?

I'm rooting for you ....Suuuure you can!!!

Hew r Juanderful (the Spaniard Swordsman from Princes Bride).

..but it's from the crew ..so
21.gif

Can every one see that Arx gently and slowly dissolves Sludge and varnish from your oil ways that strangely manifests itself as CHUNKS in your oil filter.....Suuuure you can!!

We are also told that Arx will penetrate and soften hard crud and slowly dissolve it. Now do we think
happy2.gif
that that penetration and softening does not cause expansion? Could that expansion restrict oil flow...Nooooo!!

Aye-Aye, Cap'n!

We must not question the wonder of Arx
We must not question the wonder of Arx..............

You can block individual users.

Click on their name, click on view profile, then click ignore this user. Then you can block all the A-Rx haters or anyone else you'd like to block. HTH

Check my post history! How many posts do I have on this Forum?
I do not spend my life hanging out here (unlike some in the Arx fan club)
Is there NO criticism allowed re; Arx?
Really, Honestly, are my observations and theories completely out of order?
I do not Hate Arx. I have used it. I was Not impressed. It IS expensive. I think that some other products (that I have not named) MAY do a Equal or Better job.

And some here seem to have a problem with that!
21.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
You can block individual users.

Click on their name, click on view profile, then click ignore this user. Then you can block all the A-Rx haters or anyone else you'd like to block. HTH

Awesome!! Its all good!

Originally Posted By: expat
Check my post history! How many posts do I have on this Forum?
I do not spend my life hanging out here (unlike some in the Arx fan club)
Is there NO criticism allowed re; Arx?
Really, Honestly, are my observations and theories completely out of order?
I do not Hate Arx. I have used it. I was Not impressed. It IS expensive. I think that some other products (that I have not named) MAY do a Equal or Better job.

And some here seem to have a problem with that!
21.gif

Yes, you are allowed to critize ARX. Or any other additive. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1632146#Post1632146 Third post.

Last edited:
Without the sugestion my comments come from the landfill?
Really I expecter better from Gary Allan. I know he was a Arx supprter, but not that he was one of the sheep! (Orwell's; Animal Farm)

I've used it in my last car. Can't say I saw any benefit, but I can say it didn't hurt anything.

The problem, as I see it, is that both those for and against it get a little to heated.

In MMO threads you see the same thing.

But what is irritating is there are those who yell to high heaven that it's junk. Now, they've never used it, can't provide any conclusive proof of it, but say it anyway.

And that is what sets those who use it, and with success, off. And that isn't just ARX.

I've used ARX in the last car, a '97 Camaro 3.8. Now, I can't say with 100% certainty that it worked. I can say that the engine ran as smooth and quiet as it ever did until I traded it.

Did ARX have something to do with it? Don't know. Am I going to knock the product? No reason to. Could be I didn't need it in the first place. If I didn't, then it isn't its fault it did nothing.

I do have three bottles left, and will use them as soon as the Pennzoil 5w-40 Euro oil sprintman told me about shows up.

Do I need it? Don't think so. Then again, the seals have 100, 500 miles on them....... No leaks though.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
I've used it in my last car. Can't say I saw any benefit, but I can say it didn't hurt anything.

The problem, as I see it, is that both those for and against it get a little to heated.

In MMO threads you see the same thing.

But what is irritating is there are those who yell to high heaven that it's junk. Now, they've never used it, can't provide any conclusive proof of it, but say it anyway.

And that is what sets those who use it, and with success, off. And that isn't just ARX.

I've used ARX in the last car, a '97 Camaro 3.8. Now, I can't say with 100% certainty that it worked. I can say that the engine ran as smooth and quiet as it ever did until I traded it.

Did ARX have something to do with it? Don't know. Am I going to knock the product? No reason to. Could be I didn't need it in the first place. If I didn't, then it isn't its fault it did nothing.

I do have three bottles left, and will use them as soon as the Pennzoil 5w-40 Euro oil sprintman told me about shows up.

Do I need it? Don't think so. Then again, the seals have 100, 500 miles on them....... No leaks though.

Well said.. def not landfill material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back