ARX Maintenance Dose/No more consumption on Lancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using ARX in my cars for a while now with great results. My brother has a 2002 Lancer with 110K miles. He doesn't like spending money on the car, so for the heck of it I put in a maintenance dose(from my own bottle) w/ Mobil Clean 5000. 3K miles later, the oil is dark and there has been ZERO consumption. The car usually burns a qt every 3K miles. Needless to say, I'm thoroughly impressed and so is my brother. I'm going to try and convince him to do a full clean/rinse soon for maximum benefits. But for now, I'm happy and very impressed.

Yes, a sludge-free smile is what it's all about!

Seriously, though, I am glad to hear your results and an having good results in many applicationsm both full cleaning and maintenance dose.

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
Yes, a sludge-free smile is what it's all about!

Seriously, though, I am glad to hear your results and an having good results in many applicationsm both full cleaning and maintenance dose.

Thanks,

I also have some ARX in the engine/tranny/powersteering of my MarkVIII and the thing is running beautifully 1100 miles into the clean phase.

I think he should get off the dime and do a full cleaning and rinse for best results. No sweat off the nose for running a dino clean with ARx, followed by the dino rinse. Can't see where the maintenance dose would have cleaned the top end of the motor with MD level. May have had a ring impact though.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
I think he should get off the dime and do a full cleaning and rinse for best results. No sweat off the nose for running a dino clean with ARx, followed by the dino rinse. Can't see where the maintenance dose would have cleaned the top end of the motor with MD level. May have had a ring impact though.

Don't know how much it helped the top end, but consumption is definately down. Actually so far, nil. I'm trying to convince him to do a full clean/rinse. If not, for 20.00 I'll give him some of my Schaeffer's for the next oil change. He isn't good about changing oil anyways, I think the Schaeffer's will handle the abuse better than MC5000.

If it was consuming a quart every 3k miles, that's sort of an oil change in itself.

Originally Posted By: raytseng
If it was consuming a quart every 3k miles, that's sort of an oil change in itself.

I wouldn't think so, 1 quart is only 25% capacity. Like I said, he wants some of my Schaeffer's oil, I will tell him to run that for 7,500 miles. He does 95% highway driving, 600 miles a week.

Great results. I'm itching to try Auto Rx in my fathers truck but it only get's driven approximately 1000 miles a year.

Originally Posted By: sw99
Great results. I'm itching to try Auto Rx in my fathers truck but it only get's driven approximately 1000 miles a year.

Do the fast track method. Does he really only do 1000 miles a year ..or does he only rack up 1000 miles on the odometer while running thousands more miles worth of fuel through it? Farm or dedicated plow vehicles are like this. That is, would an hour meter be a better indicator of how much it's operated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back