Are there any UOA's for Yamalube oil on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

I thought I read a couple a few years ago but can't find them again?

If I remember correctly, the UOA's were less than stellar so I am wondering if Yamaha has increased the quality in their oils or are they basically the same?

I also remember reading their oils were made by Citgo? Anyone know if that was true and if so, are they still being made by Citgo?

I recently posted a VOA for Yamalube Racing 15w30, Here .

We are racing this weekend and then I'll do a UOA...stay tuned, I'll post it when I get it back from Blackstone.

I'm hopeful that this exotic oil will perform better than the VOA numbers suggest.

Originally Posted By: ccdhowell

We are racing this weekend and then I'll do a UOA...stay tuned, I'll post it when I get it back from Blackstone.

I'm hopeful that this exotic oil will perform better than the VOA numbers suggest.

Thanks, looking forward to reading your UOA.
Good luck with the races!
11.gif

Did you happen to get the UOA completed yet CCD, or is it too early yet?

Originally Posted By: irv

I did, forgot to post it here...sorry. Here it is.

My engine builder says the stiff valve springs are the likely cause of the high top end wear. I plan to run this oil some more and test again. I'll post it when I do, check for it in the Motorcycle UOA section a little higher up on the page.

Originally Posted By: irv

I did, forgot to post it here...sorry. Here it is.

My engine builder says the stiff valve springs are the likely cause of the high top end wear. I plan to run this oil some more and test again. I'll post it when I do, check for it in the Motorcycle UOA section a little higher up on the page.

Thanks CCH, not surprised by the results but I will look for your next one in the Motorcycle section.
(P.S.What's your post title in the motorcycle section, I can't find it?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back