Are the Purolators still failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ So now you do admit you've been using a can opener. What happened to the "sarcasm"? LoL ...
eek.gif

Its not even worth arguing with you. I hope you still take yourself seriously, because at this point you are probably the only one.
coffee2.gif

Is it safe to say this thread is dead now, or does anyone else have anything to add? OP, I am interested to know what you decided after reading this thread. If you dont want to put it up here, feel free to PM me. I often wonder if people take these discussions seriously or if others just enjoy watching the drama that unfolds after kicking an anthill...
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Its not even worth arguing with you. I hope you still take yourself seriously, because at this point you are probably the only one.
coffee2.gif

There's a thin line between joking/sarcasm and lying. Seems you cross that line at times. Now you're trying to skirt the fact that I've picked up on that. Hummm ...
36.gif

Is it safe to say this thread is dead now, or does anyone else have anything to add? OP, I am interested to know what you decided after reading this thread. If you dont want to put it up here, feel free to PM me. I often wonder if people take these discussions seriously or if others just enjoy watching the drama that unfolds after kicking an anthill...
wink.gif

LoL, you're not the controller of this thread ... somehow you got the impression you are? If you think the discussion is over, then best you bail out of it.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
coffee2.gif

There's a thin line between joking/sarcasm and lying. Seems you cross that line at times. Now you're trying to skirt the fact that I've picked up on that. Hummm ...
36.gif

wink.gif

LoL, you're not the controller of this thread ... somehow you got the impression you are? If you think the discussion is over, then best you bail out of it.
grin.gif

Thats what they taught us in our new hire traning at the Purolator Public relations center
whistle.gif
(
I never claimed to be the controller of the thread, Im trying to help get us back on topic and away from assanine personal squabbles that dont matter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Its time to start a new thread in order to refine searches.

We need to get another one started so I can make that new spreadsheet of filters that didn't fail, so we finally put this issue to rest!
07.gif

Thats what they taught us in our new hire traning at the Purolator Public relations center
whistle.gif
(div>

You missed the whole point, but that's OK ... nothing new there.
grin.gif

You are sounding like a Purolator shill though ... you seem to be their reinventive spokes person here lately. "Oh, they are just fine" ... "there really never was a problem with them, it's all hysteria" ... "they aren't a premium filter to be used for long OCIs, so what do you expect?" ... etc, etc. LoL

I never claimed to be the controller of the thread, Im trying to help get us back on topic and away from assanine personal squabbles that dont matter.

We are on track ... look at the title of this thread.
grin.gif

Who does the other one? I wonder how long it took them to put that list together.

A long time. A list of filters that don't tear will be meaningless anyway. Your heroism to "save" Purolator will go on deaf ears. Nobody is going to magically start using them again because one guy (you) thinks they are now "OK".
frown.gif

Who does the other one? I wonder how long it took them to put that list together.

A long time. A list of filters that don't tear will be meaningless anyway. Your heroism to "save" Purolator will go on deaf ears. Nobody is going to magically start using them again because one guy (you) thinks they are now "OK".
frown.gif

Another example of narrowminded observation. If you want to know how extensive a problem is, you have to have a control group and an experimental group. # of failed per # of fine = extent of issue. Just because you wouldn't be interested doesn't mean others wont be.

whistle.gif
(div>

You missed the whole point, but that's OK ... nothing new there.
grin.gif

You are sounding like a Purolator shill though ... you seem to be their reinventive spokes person here lately. "Oh, they are just fine" ... "there really never was a problem with them, it's all hysteria" ... "they aren't a premium filter to be used for long OCIs, so what do you expect?" ... etc, etc. LoL

We are on track ... look at the title of this thread.
grin.gif

I enjoy a product that gets a bad rap so that makes me a shill. From one shill to another eh? On a related topic, do you know where I can get some Fram Ultras?

So the sread sheet currently shows 57 torn filters. In order to say the tear rate is only say 0.5% that means you'll have to find 11,400 un-torn filters.

Better get going ... let us know in 10 years when you're all done with the study. LOL

I enjoy a product that gets a bad rap so that makes me a shill. From one shill to another eh? On a related topic, do you know where I can get some Fram Ultras?

I really don't care if you love inferior products or not, but to try and claim there is nothing wrong with them is a bit over the top. It's getting somewhat entertaining as time goes on to see just how far you'll try to prove they are OK. If you can show us all solid proof, then good on you ... but I'm not holding my breath.

You got 11,400 good cut open filters to find, and that's assuming not one more bad filter is discovered. Good luck with that.
grin.gif

Anything at or below 15% I would consider acceptable. That would account for margin of error and the occasional dud.

WT? ... 15% failure rate is OK!
crackmeup2.gif

OK, go with that ... so now you only have to find 380 good filters before you find another bad one. Still gonna take you 3 years.

BTW, a failure rate of 0.5% isn't really that great actually - that's 1 failure for every 200.

I feel the only safe data to go by is all the Purolator spin on filters (P1 and Classic) that were manufactured within the first and last failure dates. To make things easier, you could also just find the first failed date and make it to present day.. since "technically" the problem could still exist.

For example, an un-torn synthetic or P1/ Classic cartridge filter is except as well as anything made before the first tear date.

*That is a lot of digging.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back