are all dealers bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, look into Lemon Law and go from there about getting rid of the car. As for the dealership that refuses to do warranty work, contact Ford Corporate. Their number should be in your owner's manual.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Now I know why I will never,ever buy a new vehicle ever again.Not only are they overpriced,overhyped,over complicated,overly recall/trouble prone,but a great source of frustration from a servicing standpoint.And lets not mention resale values...

Just buy a Yaris; which measures up to none of what you describe.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: racer12306
Is it even legal for a factory authorized location to deny factory warranty work?

I would email Ford headquarters.

They... don't... care... one... bit.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Don't you actually work at a dealer?

not at a Ford dealer I don't think. if he does, talk about not helping your own

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Is it even legal for a factory authorized location to deny factory warranty work?

That's what I'm thinking. It has to be illegal to deny warranty work. Call Ford corporate ASAP!

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
No dealer is required to drive service customers back to their home or give to them free rental cars. Dealers like Lexus routinely provide free loaners for service customers but the cost of those loaners is built into the cost of service at Lexus. Dealers like Ford do not work with same profit margins or business model that are used by Lexus, Infinity, or MB. If you want free rides or loaners from the dealer make sure you buy the appropriate car brand that has that service (and its associated cost) as part of how they do business and loaners for service will be no problem at all. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
+1

Originally Posted By: ram_man
My wife wakes up this morning to take the focus in and since our relationship wasn't excellent with where we bought it she went to the next closest dealer. Well they'd look at the car but would not give her a ride home she had the kids with her and being in a waiting toom all day with them would be miserable . They are 14 miles away from our house and said that was to far . So she decided to try where we bought the car from which is 7 miles away. They refused to even work on the car and will not work with us becsuse last time when they denied me a rental car and the service advisor told me to call ford becsuse theyd authorize one. I called them and that left a bad mark on their record so because of that they will not honor my warranty there or anything. I even called the service manager and told him if he woule take the car in and give my wife a ride home id give him a good review and we can start fresh but he still denied doing anything. Mind you when the previous manager was there they were great to deal with but since the new guy took over its absolutely awful. And just to say it the car has been in the shop 8 times in 14,000 miles

I have a feeling that there are two sides to this story, and we're only getting one of them.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I hate Ford dealers, personally-ever since they had the big shakeout when GM & Chrysler went bankrupt, the remaining ones are either useless, too busy to get to anything in a timely fashion, or BOTH. The Ford dealers, IMHO, are the worst thing about owning a new one.

Chrysler and GM were doing the right things; the economic meltdown gave them two unexpected issues ... sales collapse and no-one lending.

Ford, on the other hand, was able to weather the storm because they had driven the company into near-bankruptcy when the economy was good. The unexpected result was Ford had it's emergency financing in place when the meltdown happened and were able cope.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Currently the strut mount is popping

Honestly if I were the dealer and saw your history of bringing the car back, Id question this one very carefully. They have no idea if you hit a curb or did something else to damage the suspension.

Even if you believe that domestics are garbage, the number of different issues you've had with this car starts to flag as questionable.

No, not all dealers are bad.
But....a huge, overwhelmingly large number of them are bad.
So I guess its safe to assume all are bad and to be careful about their lies, deciet and extortion.

I don't understand that the main gripe of this post seemed to hinge over a ride or rental car.

Things like rides are stuff are so easily figured out beforehand or on the phone. Who just shows ups and then wonders how they are going to get back home.

If you don't have a ride arranged, you just call a taxi, or uber, or if your car is in for the long haul you call enterprise who's whole slogan is "we pick you up" and is targetted specifically for auto repair rentals.

Plus the blackmail of a good review over the ride, it makes no sense how it relates to the dealer's main business of fixing your car, not giving you rides.

It's like asking a restaurant to drive you home otherwise you say their meal sucked. Hey they have a delivery guy who drives around deliverying food, why won't he give us a ride home.

I'm with the dealer on this one. If a customer threatens review-blackmail, I'd want to tell them to go take their business elsewhere and do him no favors. What's the point of earning the "loyalty" of such a guy who'll stab you in the back when you don't give rides or give him lunch or whatever the next request may be.

Then making this post calling "all dealers bad" to try to look for sympathy and validation from others who may have legitimate gripes with dealer; but perhaps in this case the customer maybe off target here

Last edited:
Regardless of OP's actions (barring bat [censored] craziness), no brand dealer can refuse warranty service on their brand car if it is still under warranty.

Nor would any dealer service department want to refuse warranty work. All warranty work is paid to the service department directly by the manufacturer. The dealer does not pay the cost of warranty work, the dealer service department does not pay. It is surprising how many people do not understand this simple concept - the car manufacture (in this case Ford) directly pays the dealer service department for any and all warranty work that they do for cars under warranty. No dealer service department cares where you bought the car...where you bought the car, or if you bought it new or used, is absolutely irrelevant to a dealer service department in terms of warranty work for cars under warranty. If required service repair work is covered by warranty, the service department is more than happy to do the work and they are more than happy to bill the manufacturer and happy to get paid directly by the manufacture.

Last edited:
My local Ford dealer is simply inept beyond belief; a few years ago I emailed the parts department to ask if they had the synthetic fluid I use in my Mazdaspeed 3 transaxle and they replied that they had five quarts. I stopped by the parts counter later in the day and the parts guy said that they didn't have any. I told him about my email and he responded that I should have called instead because the guy who handles the email is usually wrong. Morons.

I think that the Ford dealers in my area all have the same SOP, and that is: Jerk the customer around to the point that he/she finally gives up and gets rid of the car. I think they use a modified version of the Doritos business model:
"Screw ALL the Customers- We'll Just Hook More."

Originally Posted By: MCompact
My local Ford dealer is simply inept beyond belief; a few years ago I emailed the parts department to ask if they had the synthetic fluid I use in my Mazdaspeed 3 transaxle and they replied that they had five quarts. I stopped by the parts counter later in the day and the parts guy said that they didn't have any. I told him about my email and he responded that I should have called instead because the guy who handles the email is usually wrong. Morons.

I think that the Ford dealers in my area all have the same SOP, and that is: Jerk the customer around to the point that he/she finally gives up and gets rid of the car. I think they use a modified version of the Doritos business model:
"Screw ALL the Customers- We'll Just Hook More."

Some of you missed the point entirely . A rental was always offered before didnt even have to ask it was just there. Then all the sudden sorry we can't give you a rental so i naturally asked why you did in the past. And they gave me some sob story that ford wont allow it and it cost them money and its always been like this and im crazy i should have never gotten a rental ect. Which knowing the policy isnt my job my job is to bring the car in for repairs.
they hand me the keys to loaner everytime no questions asked now theres a different manager and he seears that never happens!! It did 3 times in a row so i assumed this was normal business for them and appreciated the gesture so when i made the appointment the last time about my ac freezing up i asked would there be a car ready and the advisor said absolutely and i said good becsuse my wife has to go to work and a meeting and theres not much spare time for error. Next day i come in after work to be told they no longer do rentals and it wasnt approved and they wouldnt give me a ride home so i had to call family to get me. That was why i was frustrated and the girl that was the advisor/greeter said sine the new manager took over hes trying to get there financial house in order and cannot afford a loaner nut if i called ford , ford would most likely approve and pay for it. So i called them and they gsve me a rental. But apparently in doing that it left a bad review for them and thats why they don't want to deal with me

Also to the comment about them being suspicious of sll the issues.
1. Ac freeze up was in 4 times for it i had video and pictures proving it.
2. Paint defect was obviously seen
3 timing cover leak also obviously seen (there tech was who noticed it even)
4. Loose trim panel also obviously seen
5. Transmission rattling obviously heard
6 strut mount obviously can hear it and if i hit a curb hard enough to hurt it my guess is it would have a bent wheel or a messed up tire or car out of alignment.

And this time when we talked i told him after talking in the phone with him that if he would take the car in and get my wife a ride home (they have a shuttle ) id be happy to put the past behind us and give him a good review and wouldnt say any bad about them and would be glad to continue doing business with them. And he wouldn't even do that. I looked at it like you haven't treated me right but if we can start fresh and you treat me right ill be happy to put the past in the past. But he couldn't even do that. .....

Do NOT simply e mail Ford Corporate send a
snail mail return receipt requested to the CEO Mark Fields, they DO care about dealers refusing to honor the new car warranty.
They need to know this kind of thing and their offices will
drill those dealers a new posterior orifice for refusing the warranty by revoking their dealer franchise. It DOES happen and this kind of action is certainly warranted by such a refusal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back