Apple watch phone options

LDB

I've got the Ultra but my carrier doesn't support watch phone. Who has the best option for an iPhone/watch combo? Best meaning most reasonable combination rate. Thanks for the input.

Visible has their Visible+ plan for $45/month that includes watch service.

I have the plan since last year, don't use the watch part but everything else has been great with them.

Visible has their Visible+ plan for $45/month that includes watch service.

I have the plan since last year, don't use the watch part but everything else has been great with them.
Thanks. I haven't heard of them before. I have Tello now and pay $10 a month for my iPhone with 1GB data and unlimited talk/text. I don't need much more so I could go with the base Visible and add watch for $10 and save $10 a month. I'm hoping to learn of a few more options but this is definitely looking likely.

Not sure what you mean by a combination rate, but I’m pretty sure we only pay like $5/mo on t-mobile for my oldest child’s Apple Watch.

This always intrigued me. People use their watch instead of bringing their phone with them?
Meaning don’t carry a phone?

I have a Watch 9 and it’s great but can’t ever imagine not wanting my phone with me.
My son pays extra for his cell watch so I guess it has some uses but can’t see it in my life, maybe someday I will.

I wonder if everyone knows without cell watch service that the watch seamlessly pairs with the iPhone.

This always intrigued me. People use their watch instead of bringing their phone with them?

I have a Watch 9 and it’s great but can’t ever imagine not wanting my phone with me.
My son pays extra for his cell watch so I guess it has some uses but can’t see it in my life, maybe someday I will.

I wonder if everyone knows without cell watch service that the watch seamlessly pairs with the iPhone.
For when you get half way to where your going and remember the phone left at the house. For an extra $10 a month, which seems to be somewhat common, it seems like a good backup option.

Running and streaming music or talking on phone are a use case beyond a kid. Apparently 4th grade in an upper middle class community/1%ers Apple Watch is modern kid tracker amongst daughters friends.

Running and streaming music or talking on phone are a use case beyond a kid. Apparently 4th grade in an upper middle class community/1%ers Apple Watch is modern kid tracker amongst daughters friends.
I get that but I guess out of habit I always have my phone in range of my Watch 9. So I do pick up calls on my watch and I do look at alerts on my watch and I use my watch for a lot.
But for me, I guess I never felt the need because of this to want a separate service from my phone. More so, because there is no cell many times I only need to charge my watch every other day. Not that it's a big deal, it charges so fast normally just during a shower.

I mean, even without being near my phone I can run in the store quickly and leave my phone in the car but still pay with Apple Pay on my watch. I use the watch extensively for its health tracking and workouts while leaving my phone "on the side" .

Im not denying the usefulness for some, my adult son uses his watch with cell service all the time. I guess I just like a big screen checking stock market etc... though I might be tempted in the future for fun and see what it's all about.
The kid thing is without question a super comforting option to have. (Im glad to have been a teenager before cell phones *LOL*)

My point is to have phone service when I'm half way to the store and realize I left my phone at home. Or whatever other case I don't have my phone with me.

My oldest has an iPad that stays home. And an Apple watch to communicate.

The number of 3-6th graders with late model iPhones and tons of apps and their faces in phones when out and about is appalling. But having a communications capability allows us a comfort level to go and explore far wider than we would otherwise allow.

On the other hand, I have a watch with no service. It’s a fitness tool more than anything. I don’t pay for anything with it. My phone can be in a bag and I can use my watch if desired.

My oldest has an iPad that stays home. And an Apple watch to communicate.

The number of 3-6th graders with late model iPhones and tons of apps and their faces in phones when out and about is appalling. But having a communications capability allows us a comfort level to go and explore far wider than we would otherwise allow.

On the other hand, I have a watch with no service. It’s a fitness tool more than anything. I don’t pay for anything with it. My phone can be in a bag and I can use my watch if desired.
Yes, I have a watch 9 and my wife has a watch 7. I recently upgraded to the watch nine from the seven.

I’m sure you know by my previous posts but if you don’t, my watch 7 with its ECG function, got me medical attention at a much quicker pace than was taking place at the time.

My issues were happening at night and different times of day and to make a very long story short once I started seeing a cardiologist and getting all kinds of tests, including stress tests, echogram, and an invasive heart catheterization showing minor coronary artery disease.

Things were getting progressively worse
Finally, after I got this watch 7 (at the time) I started doing ECGs every time in the middle of the night my heart felt like it was racing and would wake me up. Once I woke up, I would automatically do an ECG with the watch, at first they weren’t alarmed, saying some PVCs are OK, but it got progressively worse.

It got to the point where I feared I may not wake up in the morning. It was so bad and the PVCs were going off the wall. So bad a couple times I got an alert on the Apple Watch that my heart rate dropped below 40 while I was sleeping. The reason why it was recording the low heart rates was there were so many PVCs.

So again, I called my cardiologist who happened to be out at the time, but they squeezed me in that day took a look at the printouts that I made from my watch which was just a big handful of the hundreds that I recorded, they hooked me up to their own equipment for 48 hours and it showed something like 24,000 PVCs over a 24or48 hour time. I forgot which.

Bottom line it was caught and treated with an ablation, subsequent echograms show no heart damage, EF score of 60, my heart is functionally perfectly now.

Some people call me an Apple fanboy and I will say call me whatever you want because I don’t care how you do it for anybody who thinks they are feeling sensations in their chest should get one of these devices. I don’t care what brand start doing your own recordings and bring them to your doctor and let the doctor figure out.

With that said, yes, I use the watch workout function for everything, whether at the gym fast walking in the community or playing Pickleball 😋 trying to take care of myself and so far avoiding major heart complications like my siblings and part of that is regularly working your heart rate up in the 130 to 150 range.

I always loved instrumentation on my automobiles boat and motorcycle. To me the watches the perfect instrumentation to keep track of sleep, heart function and respiration just fantastic. I love it.

PS. I completely agree with your statement on the 3 to 6 graders. I hate to say it, but I feel like it’s gonna be the demise of our society as we know it. It’s changing right in front of our eyes as it is. Including on our college campuses today, where professional agitators can get large groups of people together for a cause that those people don’t even know anything about.
Scary stuff becoming drones of more intelligent, organized groups

Last edited:
Still looking for input on what carrier to transfer to for the best combined rate on my phone and watch both having cell service.

I get that but I guess out of habit I always have my phone in range of my Watch 9. So I do pick up calls on my watch and I do look at alerts on my watch and I use my watch for a lot.
But for me, I guess I never felt the need because of this to want a separate service from my phone. More so, because there is no cell many times I only need to charge my watch every other day. Not that it's a big deal, it charges so fast normally just during a shower.

I mean, even without being near my phone I can run in the store quickly and leave my phone in the car but still pay with Apple Pay on my watch. I use the watch extensively for its health tracking and workouts while leaving my phone "on the side" .

Im not denying the usefulness for some, my adult son uses his watch with cell service all the time. I guess I just like a big screen checking stock market etc... though I might be tempted in the future for fun and see what it's all about.
The kid thing is without question a super comforting option to have. (Im glad to have been a teenager before cell phones *LOL*)
On kids I discovered the teens simply leave their phones at someone’s house if they don’t want to get tracked. It made me uncomfortable and said just bring it with you and no judgements.

On kids I discovered the teens simply leave their phones at someone’s house if they don’t want to get tracked. It made me uncomfortable and said just bring it with you and no judgements.
Well I suspect the ones who would do that would anyway. But most teens have trouble separating themselves from their phones.
I don’t disagree though, no different than when we told our parents we were someplace that we weren’t 😁

I don’t know if I can ask my question here or start a new thread: Can I buy a used Apple Watch that was linked to an ATT line and use it with T-Mobile? Am I generally better off getting a package deal with tmobile (watch plus line) than buying used?

Back