Apple Watch Series 9 DOA

I would think the majority Apple's refurbishing output is going to replacement devices. Their replacement prices can be pretty steep though. I had an iPad mini 4 that I paid $299 for on sale from an authorized dealer. But that's what Apple wanted to "repair" (really replace) it. However, if I needed a battery service, the $99 they charged made a bit more sense.

When I've had a real warranty issue, I really didn't have another choice. I did have my iPad mini 6 for about 7-8 months, so they just up and gave me one with a new battery, although the battery does seem have some premature wear. I'll probably get that replaced when eligible, unless that's 4 year down the line (when I'm probably ready for a new device.).
YES! Replacement prices are steep. I think they were going to charge me $199 for a replacement watch 7 refurb
I bought a new watch 9 for $247 by trading in the Watch 7 at Best Buy that would have been returned to Apple.

YES! Replacement prices are steep. I think they were going to charge me $199 for a replacement watch 7 refurb
I bought a new watch 9 for $247 by trading in the Watch 7 at Best Buy that would have been returned to Apple.

They don't even come with the accessories. I generally don't pay Apple prices for power adapters and cables, but that's about $38 worth of stuff right there (at full retail prices). And likely just a 90 day warranty.

They do have an interesting dynamic with their "repair" prices. It's a flat price for each model regardless of the storage capacity. It might make more sense with a larger storage capacity.

They don't even come with the accessories. I generally don't pay Apple prices for power adapters and cables, but that's about $38 worth of stuff right there (at full retail prices). And likely just a 90 day warranty.

They do have an interesting dynamic with their "repair" prices. It's a flat price for each model regardless of the storage capacity. It might make more sense with a larger storage capacity.
It's ridiculous to me that Apple and Samsung no longer provide chargers. Yet when I post that, even in here people do not agree. Go figure.

Oh, sorry, only cell phones/watches were on my mind
Funny, I thought about that later

I don’t even use the ones that came in the box. I have a ton of USB-A power adapters I’ve collected over the years and when I need USB-C I might uses ones that came with a computer or third party. I’ve got a couple of Apple 20W USB-C that I’ve checked to see they work but otherwise are kept in the box.

Back