Google Fi and spare phones

Switched to Google Fi in October and service is identical to T-Mobile which we have had for years. I originally had the Google Fi eSim as it came with the Pixel 7a I purchased which eventually will be free with billing credits.
I ordered a physical Sim as I wanted to be able to use one of several LG phones I have that I had used with T-Mobile.
I realize that Google Fi has a list of compatible devices and I believe 3 of the LG phones are on that list. I learned it's not just a matter of popping the Sim into the phone, but it's necessary to load the Google Fi app on the particular phone...so I did that on all three which are carrier unlocked. An LG V50 Verizon variant. An LG V30 T-Mobile unlocked and an LG G7 Thinq T-Mobile unlocked. I know the V50 is for sure unlocked as it worked previously with my T-Mobile Sim...just no 5g and the G7 Thinq I bought on Ebay from a well rated seller that was sold as carrier unlocked. The V30 I requested to be unlocked 2 years ago from T-Mobile.
I can't get any of the three to work with the Google FI Sim. Don't know if it's using a correct email and Goggle account or what.
None connect to Google Fi network.
What needs to be done?
TIA

When a phone is carrier-locked it will pop up a message to the effect of "This SIM is not allowed" and show a SIM error icon on the top bar. If it doesn't do that, it probably is unlocked but there's a problem with the Google account.

you may have to log into your Google Fi account and change/edit the device imei so the network can associate the device with your account/physical sim. don't necessarily know why some carriers do it that way could be a theft thing stopping someone who got a hold of a sim they cant just pop it into another device and move on.

you may have to log into your Google Fi account and change/edit the device imei so the network can associate the device with your account/physical sim. don't necessarily know why some carriers do it that way could be a theft thing stopping someone who got a hold of a sim they cant just pop it into another device and move on.
I see no way to edit or change the imei in the Google Fi app.

I see no way to edit or change the imei in the Google Fi app.
The International Mobile Electronix Identifier (IMEI) can't be changed! It similar to a computers Media Access Control (MAC) address, which is a 48 bit number "burned" into the motherboard or network access card. Instead, turn on cell service and go into cellular settings. There, set up:
Cell data APN: h2g2
LTE Setup APN: h2g2
MMS APN: h2g2
MMSC: http://m.fi.goog/mms/wapenc
MMS Max Message Size: 23456789
Personal hotspot AON: h2g2-t

The International Mobile Electronix Identifier (IMEI) can't be changed! It similar to a computers Media Access Control (MAC) address, which is a 48 bit number "burned" into the motherboard or network access card.
I doubt they were suggesting trying to change they IMEI OF the Device.... they meant to put the "new" IMEI into the Fi account...
Similar to the ISP my sister used to have, if they got a new Router they had to call up and give the ISP the new device's MAC to get signal to anything post Router...
...or have the new Router spoof the old Router's MAC...which was a setting in the software....

The International Mobile Electronix Identifier (IMEI) can't be changed! It similar to a computers Media Access Control (MAC) address, which is a 48 bit number "burned" into the motherboard or network access card. Instead, turn on cell service and go into cellular settings. There, set up:
Cell data APN: h2g2
LTE Setup APN: h2g2
MMS APN: h2g2
MMSC: http://m.fi.goog/mms/wapenc
MMS Max Message Size: 23456789
Personal hotspot AON: h2g2-t
I'd like to better understand this.
With no Sim in the G7, I don't see what you posted. I'm assuming it's in the network settings? With or without the Google Fi Sim in the phone?

Yes I didn’t mean altering the devices imei what I was referring to is within the account information registered to the sim and account profile.

Looks like the account could be accessed.

Attachments

• IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 11
Looks like the account could be accessed.
Oh I can access my account but there is no way to change imei numbers or network settings. I do believe it has something to do with Gmail and my Google account. But I've tried using Gmail addresses which are not associated either any phone. Nothing

What do you mean "it doesnt work." Explain the steps you are performing, and what (if any) error messages you are receiving. The directions activating a sim card and using the google fi app are black and white on googles website.

No. The V50 is an unlocked Verizon phone and it worked fine with my T-Mobile SIM in it. Just no 5g.
So, incorrect.
Try this then: activate the Google Fi SIM in another phone, then move it over. If it's carrier unlocked then it's some Android core function that prevents activation. I've seen it before with Verizon phones on Google Fi.

Have you activated the data SIM in your Google Fi account? I am also on Fi and have a Pixel 8 Pro as my main phone and have a data only SIM in a Motorola G Power that I use as a beater.

With no Sim in the G7, I don't see what you posted. I'm assuming it's in the network settings? With or without the Google Fi Sim in the

With no Sim in the G7, I don't see what you posted. I'm assuming it's in the network settings? With or without the Google Fi Sim in the phone?
Yes, insert the Google Fi SIM. Then access network settings. Also, you can call Google Fi support.

Back