Amsoil EAO13 appears to be very well made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received two EAO13 filters from Amsoil last week. While I was not impressed with how the filters were packed for shipment (small box with two EAO13's sitting on the bottom and a square of bubble wrap on top), I am impressed with the obvious quality of the EAO13 filter. I am sure that they will provide much better filtration than the OEM Honda (Honeywell/Fram) filter.

I'm pretty sure I recently read on this site that Wix makes the Amsoil filters. So the sure would be very well made and perhaps to a higher standard for Amsoil than the Wix.

Quote:

I thought Donaldson made the Amsoil filters.

Donaldson makes the media for the Amsoil filters manufactured by WIX. The behind the scenes reasoning on this is obscure ..but for all we know WIX may have been providing "filler" stock for Donaldson's automotive part numbers to begin with. I don't think any filter manufacturer makes every filter out there ..but every filter manufacturer has to offer full coverage for any potential account if they want maximum market penetration.

In any event ..SYNTEC media with WIX construction....Amsoil's niche marketing.

Oh yeah, they are very well made. Can't wait to cut mine open after a few more thousand miles to see what the inside looks like.

They're costly but not that much costlier than the M1 or K&N. And I never read anything about M1 or K&N having drain intervals like the EaO filters.

I pay $11 and change for the EAO20. I am a preferred Amsoil member. I have gone to using the same filter for 3 oil changes.

Amsoil is having a hard time keeping up with the demand for their products.

Quote:

The healthy growth of AMSOIL INC. has created many opportunities and challenges. Recent record-setting sales months, as well as shifting sales trends and new product and package size introductions, have created a strain on production capabilities, a quick draw down of inventory and an increased number of back orders. Overall, AMSOIL ships over 98% of all products within one week of order. In fact, over the last 12 months, AMSOIL shipped 99% of back orders within one week for 10 of 12 months and 98.4% of back orders
within one week for the other two months.
A dedicated team at AMSOIL is committed to ensuring Dealers and customers receive product as quickly as possible, and AMSOIL has responded to the back order issue by increasing the length of production days, hiring additional personnel and shipping trucks to every distribution center weekly. In addition, a significant financial investment has been committed to a bulk plant expansion at the AMSOIL Center.

I need to clarify one thing. Each of my two EAO13 filters came in their individual box, both boxes were then placed in a larger box with the bubble wrap. They arrived in good shape. I would have been upset if the filters were simply put inside the shipping box loose and open, but this was not the case.

Quote:

The bubble wrap was added at the product center to keep the filters from rattling around the larger container.
They come to the product center in cases of 12 filters.

To prevent that from happening, just order 12 filters next time.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back