Amsoil EAO filter Microns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

With the advent of the Eao, it seems that a bypass system is no longer necessary.

With test results like those just posted why go thru the hassle?
cheers.gif

Precisely cmhj, and just think, with a thicker and or tighter nanofiber weave, perhaps a 10u filter (at absolute efficiency) could be produced. I would of had a bypass system long ago if I could have fit it. Now, there is no reason to. One of the claims to fame of the bypass set up was to keep your oil cleaner for a lot longer, I have that using the Eao now.

& let's not forget what appears to be a rather significant flow rate.

A few days ago we had minus 7 here and the Vibe again stated with no clatter at all.

What more can be said?

That's fantastic cmhj, I'm sure your happy about that! How about using the same filter for 3 (or more) oil change cycles.Brings the cost down, while offering increasingly superior performance.

Quote:

That's fantastic cmhj, I'm sure your happy about that! How about using the same filter for 3 (or more) oil change cycles. Brings the cost down, while offering increasingly superior performance.

Yup, happy as a lark. Would like to get into some -20-30 F weather for a real test but not too likely around here.

I'd run the filter for more than 2 cycles unless my mileage were to increase but the current fill is the first Group III OC from Dino. Then maybe!

Quote:

cmhj,
Have you ever tried Amsoil 0W-30? That stuff circulates like liquid lightning.

No, but I'm looking at it for my Vibe's next winter fill, which would then put me on an annual OCI.

cmhj,
I just wanted to tell you that after an 0W-30 oil change, when you first start the engine (Eao filter empty), the oil light just blinks on then goes out. Now I remember that in the past, using Honda oil and filters, that process could take several seconds.

Just adds more credit to the flow rate of the EAO, plus it's highly rated filtering capabilities.

Hey Harry, maybe we should become Amsoil spokes people?

cmhj,
I don't sell the stuff, but I always endorse products that work for me. I guess I just want to see if others are having the same experiences that I am having.

Do me a favor cmhj, next time you change your oil, monitor how long it takes for your oil light to go out. Using the Eao filter and the 0W-30 oil of course.

Quote:

These values were taken from Dave Manns web site,

Fram PH8A 10% at 12u 78% at 20u
AC PF-2 10% at 4.5u 67% at 20u
Purolator per-1 10% at 14u 42% at 20u
Ford Fl-1 10% at 12u 33% at 20u

Compare these efficiencies to the Eao

Eao 50% at 7u 98.7% @ 15microns

What's the URL for this data?

I feel like I'm watching a feature length infomercial with testimonials
grin.gif

Even I don't get this excited about filtration
dunno.gif

..but carry on and ..be well
smile.gif

Quote:

I feel like I'm watching a feature length infomercial with testimonials

Even I don't get this excited about filtration

..but carry on and ..be well

What was it that The Wolfe said after Jules and Vincent cleaned the inside of the car and Jimmie noted, "I can't believe this is the same car"?
grin.gif

Quote:

Purolator per-1 10% at 14u 42% at 20u

This one looks kinda' fishy. There's no Purolator with that part number...it should be a L30001 or PL30001 to be comparable to the other filters.

Looks like a play on words to get you to think it's a PureONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back