Ambiguous bumper stickers/decals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
I'm tired of seeing 26.2...13.1...Who cares you ran a marathon.

I've recently seen a couple of cars with a 0.0 marathon sticker on them. Now that made me chuckle.

About the only sticker that I'd ever put on my car would be the 3-letter nationality sticker.

girl_antlers.jpg

$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZ1-BQlwfRpOT!~~60_35.JPG

Religious freedom and tolerance is a founding principle of these United States.

The Pledge of Allegiance ends with "freedom and justice for all."

Some how in 'Merica, a bumper sticker that agrees with either of these means "tree hugging liberal sissy" or an euphemism which at one time was a description for a bundle of sticks...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
The ones that tell people not to tailgate them makes me want to tailgate them more.

What gives you the right to tailgate in the first place? I despise tailgaters! You tailgate me and you'll end up with a front end full of my rear bumper, and guess whose fault it will be?

While this may somehow feel satisfying to you, I think that ANYONE who deliberately tries to cause an accident is a total idiot.

I also would warn you that several states have laws on the books for exactly this kind of utter DOLT!

I don't care what anyone else does with their car, but I think stickers on a car look tacky, and I haven't done it since high school, when I had a small Cam Dynamics sticker on the side of the rear window of my Firebird.

Not that it did all that much good - it was still a low compression wheezer.

And I thought gay had been synonomous (sp?) with lame for about a decade now. Not sure why everyone has their breeches in a bunch over that one.

Some people are way too easily offended these days. Too high an offensensitivity, I guess.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The ones that tell people not to tailgate them makes me want to tailgate them more.

What gives you the right to tailgate in the first place? I despise tailgaters! You tailgate me and you'll end up with a front end full of my rear bumper, and guess whose fault it will be?

While this may somehow feel satisfying to you, I think that ANYONE who deliberately tries to cause an accident is a total idiot.

I also would warn you that several states have laws on the books for exactly this kind of utter DOLT!

This situation wouldn't exist if people didn't tailgate and deliberately put others in danger...and there are also laws against tailgating, unfortunately, they're never enforced...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
girl_antlers.jpg

$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZ1-BQlwfRpOT!~~60_35.JPG

Oh... Yeah, if I saw those on a regular basis I'd be peeved too. They're kinda disturbing.

Speaking of which: what is this Mossy Oak I keep seeing?

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Unlike some members of this board that have stated they will key someones car, if they don't like a certain bumper sticker..

I haven't read through this whole thread, but have BITOGers actually said that they'd vandalize a car if they don't like a decal? Wow.

Not in this thread, but in This One.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Unlike some members of this board that have stated they will key someones car, if they don't like a certain bumper sticker, or get all road-ragey... I'm fine with people putting those stickers on their own vehicles.

You should use your surplus stickers to "redecorate" vehicles with stickers you don't like.
wink.gif

1. I like my stickers, just not plastered on my own street-legal vehicles.

2. I don't vandalize other people's property.

Last edited:

If you're doing 10+ under the speed limit with nothing limiting you from going faster then you're aggravating the majority of the people behind as much as you're being aggravated by the tailgater.

I do find a lot of the stickers amusing... I don't really care if people publicize their political views, hobbies, products they use, or weird antlered women fetishes. But some stickers do give you a warning that the odds are the person behind the wheel is going to drive like an idiot... I can be thankful for that I guess.
Perhaps that would be a good punishment for people who rack up demerit points on their license. An idiot driver sticker.

If you're doing 10+ under the speed limit with nothing limiting you from going faster then you're aggravating the majority of the people behind as much as you're being aggravated by the tailgater.

My motto on the road: You don't have to drive like you're in a hurry all the time, but you should always drive like the guy behind you is.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Marriage is a sacred bond between a Man and a Woman...

Quoted for truth.

Re-quoted for ignorance.

By the Ignorant.

Quoted for truth.

Re-quoted for ignorance.

If somebody's beliefs do not align with your own that does not make them ignorant. That has to be THE most misused word in the English language!

He may be intolerant. He may be, in your eyes, a bigot, prejudiced....etc. All manner of things. But that does not mean he doesn't know what the definition of marriage is. What we have here is a conflict between the traditional definition of the concept and the modern day re-defining of it. Both are "correct" in their respective circles.

That's never the case with me...I never drive UNDER the speed limit and I get tailgated all the time...and where did this mentality come from that so many people have these days that it's perfectly legitimate to tailgate someone if they're not driving as fast you want to go? NOBODY EVER HAS THE RIGHT TO TAILGATE REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Malo83

Quoted for truth.

Re-quoted for ignorance.

By the Ignorant.

That definition only applies to 95%+ of the human population.

But which is intolerant, the who says marriage must be A or the one who says it must be B?

Anyone forcing others to accept their definition is not demonstrating that coexist spirit.

Just as I hold those who put religious bumper stickers on their car to the standards expected of a practioner of that faith, I hold those who call for tolerance, or justice or coexistence or diversity to practice what they are preaching on their bumper.

Reminds me of the joke where the man leaves the church in his car with all sorts of Love (name of diety) stickers on his car. He's cutting off other drivers, flipping the bird and so forth. Cop pulls him over and proceeds to place him under arrest for auto theft because it's obvious by his actions the person who would put such stickers on his car would not act that way, therefore, he must have stolen the car.

How many who preach tolerance are willing to tolerate those who hold different beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back