Ambiguous bumper stickers/decals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang
Originally Posted By: Hollow

Are you the great defender of Political Correctness?

Are you the great defender of not getting called out on being derogative and offensive?

Hmm, so you are tolerant, but you dont tolerate a mans opinion because it conflicts with yours? Typical.

Seems stupid to put things very offensive on a car. Doors fly open carelessly or bumpers tapped(parallel parking) in subtle hints of annoyance with folks. Nothing I would do but people are crazy.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Unlike some members of this board that have stated they will key someones car, if they don't like a certain bumper sticker..

I haven't read through this whole thread, but have BITOGers actually said that they'd vandalize a car if they don't like a decal? Wow.

My wife's MDX has one decal on the back glass. Actually, two. One is one of those "proud parent of a terrific kid thing" that our daughter was excited to get for getting straight-As in school and wanted on the car...and the other one is a small VT (to go along with our Hokie-themed license plate).

I hope no BITOGers see it and decide to damage our vehicle because they don't like good kids or because VT beat their school last weekend on the football field (we'll stay out of Ohio for the next few weeks...).

My kids enjoy putting ski area stickers all over my ski box atop my MDX. It is littered with them.

My wife's car has this one on the bumper:
MRGBumper.jpeg

Note: strategically placed over a deeper scrape from a snow blower that went out of control
smile.gif

Are you the great defender of not getting called out on being derogative and offensive?

Hmm, so you are tolerant, but you dont tolerate a mans opinion because it conflicts with yours? Typical.

^^+1 Clubber_Lang,EXACTLY!!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
These little stickers are a harmless means of personalizing a vehicle as are vanity plates.
I don't typically bother with either.
I saw a Smart yesterday with a vanity plate that read "ME SO BIG".
I thought that was pretty cute and it did make me smile.

That's a good one! I saw a personalized license plate on a Prius the other day that said something like "50MPG". I though that was pretty cool!

Personally I hate seeing all those stickers on vehicles. Safelite glass, Bob's plumbing, AAA towing. Geez, if I wanted any of those services I'd look them up in a phonebook.

Worse are all those little silver badges that say Ford, or Toyota, or Chevy. And those vehicles are then further festooned with stupid things that say Camry or F150 or hybrid. If I wanted to know the make and model of a vehicle I'd look it up at home!

Humor aside, I barely notice bumper stickers these days. Bombarded from so many directions, bumper stickers and the like are like commercials. I just filter them out. Generally speaking I barely notice.

After I graduated college I did put an alumni sticker on my car, but I knew it meant nothing. I mean, while I was in college my parents put a university sticker on their window too; but since they neither went there nor were supporting me there (I took out loans) I immediately saw just how much prestige and meaning that sticker conveyed.

I have been tempted to put a couple of stickers onto my vehicles. NRA and NPR. But I don't as I'm afraid my vehicle would get keyed. On both sides. From both sides.

He has the right to say it.

I have the right to say he sounds like (words that will get me in trouble with the Mods) for it.

Not sure why that is so difficult.

Hey Hollow,do you know what a homophone is? Why don't you educate yourself.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

^^+1 Clubber_Lang,EXACTLY!!
cheers3.gif

+2 to Clubber Lang....

So, who's more intolerant, Hollow for not liking what was said, or Clubber, for not liking what was said?

Actually, I find the coexist and tolerance stickers to indicate which folks are least likely to tolerate you or wish to coexist with you.

So I treat them as a warning. The tacit meaning is tolerance, as long as you do it their way.

In other words, if you are for same sex marriage, they tolerate you. If you believe in traditional marriage, then they find you intolerable.

That's just one example I can think of off the top of my head without breaking the rules on R/S/P.

Quote:
Coexist and Tolerance ones are repulsive.

So people should continue to opposed to anything that does not look like them or believe what they do?

I actually don't have anything to say that isn't an insult.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
My kids enjoy putting ski area stickers all over my ski box atop my MDX. It is littered with them.

My wife's car has this one on the bumper:
MRGBumper.jpeg

Note: strategically placed over a deeper scrape from a snow blower that went out of control
smile.gif

A worthy sticker....

I've got a Stowe sticker on my truck's bumper...lived there for five years...still get up there often.

Originally Posted By: supton
Personally I hate seeing all those stickers on vehicles. Safelite glass, Bob's plumbing, AAA towing. Geez, if I wanted any of those services I'd look them up in a phonebook.

Worse are all those little silver badges that say Ford, or Toyota, or Chevy. And those vehicles are then further festooned with stupid things that say Camry or F150 or hybrid. If I wanted to know the make and model of a vehicle I'd look it up at home!

Humor aside, I barely notice bumper stickers these days. Bombarded from so many directions, bumper stickers and the like are like commercials. I just filter them out. Generally speaking I barely notice.

After I graduated college I did put an alumni sticker on my car, but I knew it meant nothing. I mean, while I was in college my parents put a university sticker on their window too; but since they neither went there nor were supporting me there (I took out loans) I immediately saw just how much prestige and meaning that sticker conveyed.

I have been tempted to put a couple of stickers onto my vehicles. NRA and NPR. But I don't as I'm afraid my vehicle would get keyed. On both sides. From both sides.

You will like this one I saw the other day.

Someone put a big "Turbo" sticker on his Corolla S.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The dumbest and gayest ones are the soccer ball or paw print with some kid's name on it! Reminds me of those unemployed moms trying to relive their youth through their kids or something. Who cares what your kids does.

Stick family ones are gay.

Funniest ones are the Mary-in-a-halfshell ones.

Coexist and Tolerance ones are repulsive.

Keep Calm,Chive On is DUMB.

That deer head profile thingy is DUMB,plus it's a few years out of style by now (I only still see that one in repressed small towns).

The HUGE Kenwood,Pioneer decals that cover the whole windshield are hilarious,because it's basically advertising,BREAK IN AND STEAL THIS EXPENSIVE STEREO.

I have this yellow VW, i was going to put a rainbow sticker on the back to attract a buyer but decided against in case i need to take a test drive. LOL

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Actually, I find the coexist and tolerance stickers to indicate which folks are least likely to tolerate you or wish to coexist with you.

So I treat them as a warning. The tacit meaning is tolerance, as long as you do it their way.

In other words, if you are for same sex marriage, they tolerate you. If you believe in traditional marriage, then they find you intolerable.

This is in line with what I have observed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back