Ambiguous bumper stickers/decals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Somebody has way too much time on his hands if he's concerned about the stickers that someone else puts on their vehicles. You start by claiming that you think people should be allowed to put whatever stickers they want on their vehicles. Then you proceed to moan and complain about what stickers they do put on their vehicles.

If it gets your knickers in a bunch, just look the other way and ignore it.

There is actually very little time involved in looking at a sticker that someone has plastered up for as many people as possible to see. And there is a difference between saying "they shouldn't have those stickers" and saying "it is their right to have the stickers, but what are they trying to communicate?"

What has me perplexed is the meaning. People are going through the trouble of buying these decals and putting them on their vehicles, so clearly it is something they want to convey to others, but what are they conveying? Is there a meaning, or is it just some sort of lifestyle spasm on their back window?

"Meddle Not in the Affairs of Dragons -- For Thou Art Crunchy and Good With Ketchup"

"Official Vehicle: Vulcan Embassy"

"If I Wanted a Cupholder in My Car, I'd Get Married Again"

"Women: Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Tie 'Em to the Roof"

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
"Meddle Not in the Affairs of Dragons -- For Thou Art Crunchy and Good With Ketchup"

Ironically, that first one is usually on the rides of owners that the vast majority of the ultra-conservatives on here would HATE TO DEATH for many various reasons.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Ironically, that first one is usually on the rides of owners that the vast majority of the ultra-conservatives on here would HATE TO DEATH for many various reasons.
frown.gif

True . . . but it is funny if you take it by itself.

frown.gif

You are very much wrong on several counts. But stereotypical assumptions usually are wrong.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

frown.gif

You are very much wrong on several counts. But stereotypical assumptions usually are wrong.

On the stereotype part, yes!
Anecdotally...... On the other hand
frown.gif

As a semi blue on the reddest part (island) of a predominantly blue metropolis, (red state IIRC tho)
I have to agree.

The amount of stupidity that comes flying out of some of the older people here would probably make Fox News Blush....

And I'm in a relatively (supposedly) safe category
Not completely white male, aged 16-25
Yet the [censored] that gets thrown (verbally) at (my predomitalty) many types of colors friends is ming boggling....
And by the signs they stake in there lawn, and the views they express to me, I can say full hearted, We don't have "Moderate Conservatives" here. Yet they claim to be so young, and modern. With there pseudo tolerance and semi politically correct statements.

This is only anecdotal, as with most discussion in the site
YMMV

I don't mind one or two stickers, but a bunch of them looks kinda trashy. I also wonder how people can even see out the back window when the whole thing is covered in stickers, but I guess they don't care about visibility.

The only stickers that really bug me are the ones that are on SO MANY of the same vehicles it gets annoying. I also hate those Browning deer stickers. I see them on almost every single truck, SUV and car in town. I doubt every person that has them is an avid deer hunter.

I also hate the giant Cummins emblem plastered all over every Dodge diesel truck. We get that it has a Cummins engine since we can hear it a half mile away and see all the black smoke, no need to advertise. There is one truck around town that has a large Cummins "C" on every single window of the truck besides the windshield. I'm not sure how they see anything.

I see a lot of the racer cars with stickers advertising parts on their car. I don't advertise anything on my Jeep because those companies don't pay me to advertise for them. It also lets potential car thieves know what aftermarket parts are on your vehicle.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Marriage is a sacred bond between a Man and a Woman...

....in your opinion, according to YOUR relegion
The law, as per the constitution and bill of rights, shouldn't be taking the latter into consideration

BTW, way to go OT.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Somebody has way too much time on his hands if he's concerned about the stickers that someone else puts on their vehicles. You start by claiming that you think people should be allowed to put whatever stickers they want on their vehicles. Then you proceed to moan and complain about what stickers they do put on their vehicles.

If it gets your knickers in a bunch, just look the other way and ignore it.

Looks like *you* have too much time on your hands posting in a thread ONLY to say the OP has too much time on his hands.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Gotta love this site. Practically no thread can go more than one page without an argument or slight against another person....at least it seems that way much of the time.

That sounds just like something a pinko commie would say!
13.gif

frown.gif

You mean, like my friend, the ultra conservative gun-owning lawyer who goes to Renaissance Fairs and has that very sticker about meddling in the affairs of dragons on his truck?

Last edited:

Not that I disagree, but I always wondered what business it is of the government to officially acknowledge, endorse, or recognize an institution such as marriage. Is not marriage an institution which came out of religious beliefs? And if so, isn't official recognition, endorsement, or acknowledgement of any marriage a violation of the principle of 'separation of church and state'?

OOPS, that's probably too much 'politics' and 'religion' for BITOG.

Is the dot dot dot an unintended oversight or did you mean to leave your post open to additions, like, "and the gays!"

Bwahahaha

frown.gif

I have it on a T shirt.
smile.gif

Only sticker on my truck is "motorcycles are everywhere".

I B T L

For the record, I am anti-sticker on all my cars, ATVs, everything. I will go as far as de-badging a vehicle of some of its badges if I feel it ruins the lines of the way it looks or if the badge is out of place.

This world is turning into a toilet that needs to be flushed. A man is no longer entitled to his opinion as it will always conflict with someone somewhere and offend them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
I'm tired of seeing 26.2...13.1...Who cares you ran a marathon.
Or your stick family.

Right on!

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
The ones that tell people not to tailgate them makes me want to tailgate them more.

What gives you the right to tailgate in the first place? I despise tailgaters! You tailgate me and you'll end up with a front end full of my rear bumper, and guess whose fault it will be?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back