Advance Total Grip Dissected - Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an AAP TG 7317(14610) with ~5500mi/5m. made by Purolator, cost $1.45. Unfortunately my last one. Has 46 pleats excluding joining pleat. Pleats very uniform as typical of this #/size, and similar Puro L/PL14610. Adbv was still holding substantial oil after week draining base down.

Pleats ~7/8" deep, 2&7/16" wide (endcap-endcap). Stretched out media ~42" long so ~102sq." media. Excellent value filter, similar to QS only these came in the larger size vs QS14612 size. Also has texture can.

AAPTotalGrip7317001-1.jpg
AAPTotalGrip7317004-1.jpg

AAPTotalGrip7317002-1.jpg
AAPTotalGrip7317003-1.jpg

AAPTotalGrip7317005-1.jpg
AAPTotalGrip7317006-1.jpg

Nice looking filter, too bad they were discontinued and replaced by the driveworks filters.

Yep. They moved them to the back with the commercial accounts and closed them out. But, you can still likely buy the ProMotive made by Puro at AAP in the back, but they too have consolidated some sizes. Driveworks too.

I bought a bunch of TG's when they closed them out, now wish I had a few more. They were a great deal on bogo for ~$2.88. Oh well.

Oh, one correction to my OP, the pleat depth should read ~7/16".

That is pretty darn impressive for the cost. It looks like it held up well. I would not hesitate to use that filter. Does anyone think these are better than the DriveWorks?

Thanks For the PICS!

TG's were some of the best filters for the money. I bought all I could for my vehicles for $.99 /ea on closeout. I now buy Auto Extra (Wix/Dana), Napa Pro Selects, and Puro Premi +.

Speaking of gone - down to only a couple of MC FL300's for the Heep. They were a great deal at WalMart for $3.67 /ea.

Those were good filters for the money. I'm sure they were cutting into sales of the more expensive oil filters. I still have a bunch of the 3593A size TotalGrip filters.

Quote:
Those were good filters for the money. I'm sure they were cutting into sales of the more expensive oil filters. ..

Yeah, in particular I think they may have been hitting a bit too close to the then Puro Prem. Plus. also being sold at AAP. And they had the benefit of a texture can, all for < the Prem+. AAP is now selling the DriveWorks which is also less expensive so I'm not sure it was simply a price/sales thing.

Quote:
Looks very good, the media looks fairly thick and best of all is the "Made in USA" stamp on the can.

Yep, a lot of filter for the money, and Made in the USA is a nice plus.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:
Those were good filters for the money. I'm sure they were cutting into sales of the more expensive oil filters. ..

Yeah, in particular I think they may have been hitting a bit too close to the then Puro Prem. Plus. also being sold at AAP. And they had the benefit of a texture can, all for < the Prem+. AAP is now selling the DriveWorks which is also less expensive so I'm not sure it was simply a price/sales thing.

Yep ... probably the same guts as a Purolator Classic with the benifit of grippy can. I bet it did give the Classic some compitiion, especially at the lower cost. Noticed the media area is basically the same as the 14610.

Nice photos
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back