Ad blockers are not allowed on Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a person who appreciates a deep track music selection, YouTube Premium is a decent value. If I consider a Amazon Music Unlimited subscription it is $10 now. So I feel I am paying $4 for ad free videos. A cup of coffee at most places.

The fees I pay Verizon include,
  • PEG Grant Fee
    $2.15
  • Video Franchise Fee
    $3.61
  • MD Gross Receipts Tax Surcharge
    $1.10
  • Federal Universal Service Fee
    $7.95
  • Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal
    $0.09
  • MD Local Access Line Tax Surcharge
    $4.00
  • Fios TV Broadcast Fee
    $11.49
  • FDV Administrative Charge
    $1.98
The get paid plenty out of those.

None of those fees are related or goes to YT.

This is rolling out slowly. I haven't got it yet thankfully. At least for now we can just click X and move on with life.

Sounds like your beef is with Verizon. But I don't blame you. We dumped Verizon a while back because of their cost was way out of line with the competition.

The fees I pay Verizon include,
  • PEG Grant Fee
    $2.15
  • Video Franchise Fee
    $3.61
  • MD Gross Receipts Tax Surcharge
    $1.10
  • Federal Universal Service Fee
    $7.95
  • Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal
    $0.09
  • MD Local Access Line Tax Surcharge
    $4.00
  • Fios TV Broadcast Fee
    $11.49
  • FDV Administrative Charge
    $1.98
The get paid plenty out of those.
The point is that they don't. You seem to think some how the cable company passes those fess on to those websites you browse that have adds.
Your attitude is prevalent however. It's the Internet...it should be free (like this board) and they shouldn't be able to monetize what it takes to keep a website running-or if they do you need to find a work-around.

It's like you refurbishing a car for sale...then giving it away as your business model-just because the state collect taxes, license, smog fees. Why should you get paid?

my firefox won't display any YouTube anything.
i have to use edge or chrome to watch YouTube. My FireFox just sits there with a blank screen'

tube. it started that about 3 updates ago.

YT started testing this at the end of June. Three free videos before they really mean it.

As with the streaming password sharing clampdowns, expect it to eventually become SOP.

A term has been coined for what's happening to the internet and tech at large, but it would trip the profanity sensors.

Back when the internet was in its infancy, in the back of mind was the specter that it would eventually turn from being idealistic, optimistic, and "good" to materialistic, pessimistic, and greedy. That figure turned out to be about roughly 30 years.

I don't see ads on YouTube. There's a ton of things to do to prevent them,just do your research and pick the method that works best for you.

I have gotten that before as I use U-Block Origin. It happened to me about 2 months ago. They gave me warnings for about 2 weeks then they blocked me cold turkey unless I whitelisted them. I would of thought U-Block would of made a work around to kill that. But I think they go by IP address and you are on a list so U-Block can't do a work around.

You need to update ublock origin:

I get no ads at all on YouTube on my desktop PC. I run several ad blockers. On the phone and iPad, I can't block ads. I very rarely watch YouTube videos on mobile devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back