Abandoned TRW World Headquarters Lyndhurst OH - Demolished

I found this really interesting, but in the same sentence utterly in shock a building this nice was wasted. Even though I have no connection, nor have I ever set foot in, I am still disturbed. Very mind blowing attention to long lasting materials (albeit a little dated), and a lead plate auditorium was the best I have heard!

For those who have been in / worked in this building, what is your reaction?

Video before it was demolished:

Some interesting Tidbits:

We had the same situation here: Lucent Corp. built a pair of matching 3-building, 2-garage campuses a mile apart back in 1999-2000 and just as soon as they were completed there was a tech bubble bust and they never even fully occupied both facilities. I worked on one of them for six months when it was under construction and it has since been sold to Navistar, but the other one is now being demolished. Barely 23 years old.... I am sure the steel and some other materials will get recycled but most will just go in the landfill.

Interestingly, Lucent also built an identical facility in the Denver suburbs at the same time. I should search for it on the Google and see who owns it now.

Interestingly, Lucent also built an identical facility in the Denver suburbs at the same time. I should search for it on the Google and see who owns it now.
Please let us know what the status of the Lucent building in Denver is if you find out.

Please let us know what the status of the Lucent building in Denver is if you find out.
Well, that turned out to be easy! It's on 120th Ave. in Westminster and fortunately the big sign out front is visible on Street View. Looks like it was Avaya (another Lucent spinoff) as far back as 2012, followed by something called Digital Globe and now it's called Maxar Technologies which apparently is in the satellite mapping business. Appropriate I suppose because Lucent designed it with a giant atrium shaped just like a huge satellite dish.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I’m a fan of the Proper People. You would think this place was in a middle of the forest, but it sits right next to a shopping mall.
IMG_0335.jpg

I’m a fan of the Proper People. You would think this place was in a middle of the forest, but it sits right next to a shopping mall.
View attachment 196253
I wonder how that mall is doing? Northeast Ohio is (or was) the poster child for the Dead Mall phenomenon which was kind of the mainstay of the Proper People's videos for a long time.

I found this really interesting, but in the same sentence utterly in shock a building this nice was wasted. Even though I have no connection, nor have I ever set foot in, I am still disturbed. Very mind blowing attention to long lasting materials (albeit a little dated), and a lead plate auditorium was the best I have heard!

For those who have been in / worked in this building, what is your reaction?

Video before it was demolished:

Some interesting Tidbits:

Wow - stunning building …
I know some were designed to be repurposed into apartments or hotels ~

I wonder how that mall is doing? Northeast Ohio is (or was) the poster child for the Dead Mall phenomenon which was kind of the mainstay of the Proper People's videos for a long time.
It’s one of the newer style open street type malls.

A lot of these abandoned places they visit still have working electricity, even after sitting vacant for 20 years.

Back