Ad blockers are not allowed on Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last few days I've been getting this notice when I start a YT video,

yt.jpg

X ing it out still gets the video to run ad free, so not sure what they can really do about it.

Maybe someday take away the "X" ?
Im not sure either but that sounds plausible to me.
It also sounds silly the way they have it worded *LOL* What are we in kindergarten?
Your "not allowed" *LOL* you bad boy or girl!

Since I only view You Tube in Safari what ads are the talking about? Meaning does You Tube deliver pop ups?
Or are you talking about the actual ads that appear in the video you are trying to watch?

I hit YouTube daily on a few different devices with different browsers and not once has it ever complained about me having uBlock Origin installed, and there is zero chance I'm going to remove it.

They really do what they want or make your experience poor for using or trying to use an ad blocker.

I think what you are seeing is the soft version to get information out there. Guessing it appears on every ad you block?

I have gotten that before as I use U-Block Origin. It happened to me about 2 months ago. They gave me warnings for about 2 weeks then they blocked me cold turkey unless I whitelisted them. I would of thought U-Block would of made a work around to kill that. But I think they go by IP address and you are on a list so U-Block can't do a work around.

I was getting those ad blocker warning messages on YT all throughout the day yesterday. Strangely, it's back to normal today.

I hit YouTube daily on a few different devices with different browsers and not once has it ever complained about me having uBlock Origin installed, and there is zero chance I'm going to remove it.
Likewise for me although I use a different blocker, Adblock Plus

Haven't seen anything on adblock yet. I feel bad about it but as far as I'm concerned the ads are excessive anymore. And most creators have ads within the video anyways.

I already pay over $130 a month for Verizon FIOS which is loaded with fees. Let YT get paid from that.
Of course there is zero relationship between the two. We all like to get paid for the services we perform-except if it's on the Internet we shouldn't help to keep the services free.

Think about that for a moment.

Of course there is zero relationship between the two. We all like to get paid for the services we perform-except if it's on the Internet we shouldn't help to keep the services free.

I use Brave to block ads. If there was one 30 second ad at the beginning of every video I'd have no problem with it, but before I started using Brave it was getting out of hand. 5 minute videos with 6 minutes worth of ads sprinkled throughout the video, no thanks.

I have gotten that before as I use U-Block Origin. It happened to me about 2 months ago. They gave me warnings for about 2 weeks then they blocked me cold turkey unless I whitelisted them. I would of thought U-Block would of made a work around to kill that. But I think they go by IP address and you are on a list so U-Block can't do a work around.
I believe that you are correct. When I don't use my VPN connection I get the nag, when I enable my VPN connection I do not get the nag. Different IP addresses.

The fees I pay Verizon include,
  • PEG Grant Fee
    $2.15
  • Video Franchise Fee
    $3.61
  • MD Gross Receipts Tax Surcharge
    $1.10
  • Federal Universal Service Fee
    $7.95
  • Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal
    $0.09