Acura coming out with a new Integra

I wasn't a fan of the older Integras and this rebirth isn't winning me over. A 1.5T with a CVT? No thanks.

I'm a little surprised that it doesn't have more power.
Yup. It's a Civic Si, a perfectly good car, with an Acura wrap. We'll see what the premium is. The 2.0 turbo from the Accord would have been a better option.

I am directly in this car's target audience but it leaves me cold with the Civic powertrain.

jeff

Yup. It's a Civic Si, a perfectly good car, with an Acura wrap. We'll see what the premium is. The 2.0 turbo from the Accord would have been a better option.

I am directly in this car's target audience but it leaves me cold with the Civic powertrain.

jeff
I was hoping for at least the powertrain out of the CTR. Not saying the 1.5 isn't adequate, but I'd hoped for a little more sport.

jeff
I was hoping for at least the powertrain out of the CTR. Not saying the 1.5 isn't adequate, but I'd hoped for a little more sport.
That'll come later, and of course it'll cost ya extra.

They've spent money on the marketing for sure
Major 💵 billboards around NYC
Trying for the young people considering this is the first car I've seen that launched with it's own anime short series

As for the car itself, I want to believe that the magic has been resurrected from the golden Honda years
But the 1.5 with a CVT makes me shudder
Maybe a Type R version is on the way with the big 2.0T from top Accords and a 6 speed w/LSD?
An electronic version of HTTS from the Prelude SH?

jeff
Integra has always been using Civic powertrain. If you are looking for Accord powertrain it would probably be the CL/TL/Legend

I've owned an Acura and while I liked it other than the MDX they are a completely irrelevant car company. I can't believe they are still solvent.

Yeah Acura confirmed usa sales but backed away when it was rumored that sh-awd was coming either optional or possibly standard. Then now it's only coming as a "performance " fwd.

I haven't really been a fan of the brand since the early '90s, but that new TL is good looking. Turbo V6 with good power. Has a FWD-based AWD system. Won't satisfy the enthusiasts looking for ultimate performance without compromise - they'll go for BMW. But it'll steal some value-oriented customers away from Audi.
2F998092-3A59-4D9F-8481-DB205EE64C96.jpeg

I think it blows it out of the water. Just no contest.

But I’ve never thought the A4/S4 was good-looking anyway.

And I’m a fan of “Japanese” styling, which tends to be more angular and sharp-edged.
I think that's the bottom line...soft vs hard lines. I've always thought the A4 was kind of feminine in a way...flame suit on.

Do they even sell TLX with V6 any more? Once they retired Acura TL 2008-2011 body style, it has been nothing but either hideous or homely looking TLs and that includes my onw 2012.

Back