New $10k Toyota Truck

THIS!!! This is exactly what I would want!!! Wish it was available in the US... Basic, rugged, FUNCTIONAL!!! I'm in love with this little truck. And for $10k Brand New it's an amazing deal, that we in US won't ever experience...
Screenshot_20231110-120248~2.png
Screenshot_20231110-120259~2.png
Screenshot_20231110-120329~2.png
Screenshot_20231110-120341~2.png

More about it here:

Last edited by a moderator:
article wasnt proofread vary well.

He goes on to mix the engine choices.. and couldnt tell if his was powered by a diesel or gas?

sounds like a remote never saw review faked.

I would happily have one of those to sit around until the weekend and drive a car during the week.

THIS!!! This is exactly what I would want!!! Wish it was available in the US... Basic, rugged, FUNCTIONAL!!! I'm in love with this little truck. And for $10k Brand New it's an amazing deal, that we in US won't ever experience...
'merican's generally don't want anything that resembles something you'd find in a third-world country.

But I agree, it's exactly what I'd choose when looking for a functional truck, that's designed to do actual work.
Not like most of the half-baked trucks, that are supposed to do everything yet succeeds at nothing.

You can tell just by looking at it that it has the soul and spirit of the 80s-90s Toyota Pickup roots in its design, No flashy curves, just hard edges and angles. I like how the exterior screams pure function.

I been wanting an Economy Truck for general purpose hauling for better self independence when moving. This looks like the ideal truck I'd want and slap on an oversized oil filter and good oil.

'merican's generally don't want anything that resembles something you'd find in a third-world country.

But I agree, it's exactly what I'd choose when looking for a functional truck, that's designed to do actual work.
Not like most of the half-baked trucks, that are supposed to do everything yet succeeds at nothing.
I was going to say it looks like something you would find in Uganda. But me personally I love the looks of it and if I could own one I would

for the us market if they lift corolla and add a bed it would make a great entry level truck. Has the same 150HP as this one and is safer (airbags, abs, etc). That would be a great hit at $22K, but hey, Maverik is already at $23.4K. So, even if they do it wont change things much for us but it will be cannibalizing their tacoma sales

for the us market if they lift corolla and add a bed it would make a great entry level truck. Has the same 150HP as this one and is safer (airbags, abs, etc). That would be a great hit at $22K, but hey, Maverik is already at $23.4K. So, even if they do it wont change things much for us but it will be cannibalizing their tacoma sales
22k would be more than 2 trucks, an extra 2k for USA mandated rubbish would still be a lot, it is 20% of the vehicle. I like it but it does show a major manufacturer can and do build less expensive vehicles that a lot of people would buy. We will never see this or anything like it.

Looks like it's for the Philippine market or third world country. It almost certainly won't pass current European or USA crash testing.

So it's essentially just like something built in the 80's, except it's not.

Reading that it has some core features cut such as dashboard gauges and no ABS and airbags probably tells me it won't play very well with US DOT regulations. Hopefully it has a catalytic converter unless they went that far to rid that too. At that point, it close to a chineseium vehicle, though I think Toyota knows better if they have custom options available otherwise gonna need some aftermarket mods to get it to comfortable levels.

Those Daihatsu Hijets have been pretty eye catching lately even though they're unfit for highway driving and limited to rural area usage.
And those things run on 3 cylinders which makes it a surprise.

Back