2024+ Tacoma Photo Leaked From Toyota's Website

Going to be interesting to see how the Tacoma, Colorado and Ranger do against one another.

1683643197795.jpg

The new Colorado has been getting a lot of buzz about how good a vehicle it is. Of course-Toyota can (and has) put out mediocre product with the current Tacoma it sells anyway because it says "Toyota" on the grill.

I think GM did a fantastic job on the 3rd gen midsize trucks. Toyota will have to really deliver a much improved truck if they want to compete with it IMO.

Have the GM small trucks caught up with the Tacoma in sales?

Looks like a scaled down Tundra, minus the Hulk Hogan mustache grille surround. Looks good. I'm sure it will be a good seller for them.

That looks to be a TRD Pro version, will be interesting to see the more typical SR5 trim.

The new Colorado has been getting a lot of buzz about how good a vehicle it is. Of course-Toyota can (and has) put out mediocre product with the current Tacoma it sells anyway because it says "Toyota" on the grill.
That's because people know the Tacoma (and 4Runner) will be pretty reliable, since it has established itself with the ancient powertrain/drivetrain combo.

With an updated powertrain/drivetrain, the Tacoma has to earn that reliability reputation again.

discs brakes all around, multilink rear suspension a 278hp turbo 2.4 liters with 317tq. that drop to 270hp with the manual. and 326hp hybrid engine with 465tq. there will be a trd pro trim. 8 trims total. 8 speed automatic and 6 speed manual. specs for canadian market. i believe there will be a lower power turbo 2.4 liters for other markets.

Official press release.

IMG_9468.jpeg

IMG_9469.jpeg

IMG_9470.jpeg

IMG_9471.jpeg

IMG_9472.jpeg

No way they did the promotional shoot in the state where it's the unofficial truck of.

Definitely will sell like hotcakes hot malasadas here.

They offer a 6ft bed too. I think Toyota did a great job. Going to compete well against the Colorado.

Last edited:
Reactions: hrv

2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter Details: Custom Suspension, Bed Rack, 326 HP​

It's a factory-built truck for overlanding, ready to carry over 100 Toyota accessories like rooftop tents well off the beaten path.​

The pricing is going to be interesting on the higher off-road trim levels. The current ZR2 may be the best bargain of them all, including the new Ranger Raptor which is $10k more than the new ZR2. Makes me feel like I got an even better deal on my 22 (NA 3.6L/DSSV/front/rear lockers) for $44k.

The pricing is going to be interesting on the higher off-road trim levels. The current ZR2 may be the best bargain of them all, including the new Ranger Raptor which is $10k more than the new ZR2. Makes me feel like I got an even better deal on my 22 (NA 3.6L/DSSV/front/rear lockers) for $44k.
Yep - I cringe to think what these will start at

77EF2E11-2FEE-474B-A62B-A351CC422717.png
098A4253-1C79-473F-AB86-B8B028A808FC.jpg

The extended cab doesn’t have clam shell doors and won’t have flip down seats. You can get the 6 speed manual with the 4 door trims.

Glad to see the six speed manual will remain an option.

Looks like it might only be going in non-hybrid engines though. So, you'll get the 270hp/310tq version of a TRD Sport or Offroad. Hmm. I mean, still more than my '22 V6 Manual. Although it looks like you can get the manual in an SR which comes with the 228hp/243tq version. Still much better than the outgoing 2.7.

The automatic rev-match and anti-stall technology they have in it, well that's just gonna be too easy! Not to mention the electronic parking brake's hill assist. I don't have any of that in mine, gotta rev match yourself and correctly take off. If you're on a steep hill you gotta figure it out yourself! :ROFLMAO:

I'll probably let them work the bugs out for several years and then maybe upgrade. My left knee will be telling me which transmission to buy by then... :(

Back