2015 F150 body tooling quality is very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to look out for them and pay attention.

I've always noticed how F150 beds flop all over the place while driving down the road. They look like they're "twerking"

Really guys?

Aren't trucks about doing work and hauling gear? Leave the cosmetic stuff to the car guys.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Come on now mouth breathers? I am sure that the hourly employees there are more than happy to build nice stuff but they can only do so much. If management bought [censored] dies from the lowest bidder and it stamps out other than perfect parts then the Quality control manager says they are good how is that the UAW's problem?

Oh well, maybe we need some college educated stuck up nose breathers who drink tea with their little pinky in the air like yourself in there loading the parts into the robot cell.

Come on now, what? Why are you so defensive?

Certainly even those with the least seniority (not like you, of course) have the authority to halt the line at once when there’s a quality control issue, yes?
Or take up the issue with a shop steward at least.

"Tea," "pinky" and "robot cell" with respect to whom?
I’m a tradesman that uses my truck in my own lucrative and successful construction business. That I built myself.

Not sure what’s in your ammo depot but I cast my own bullets and handload highly accurate rounds.
The “mouth breather” comment included a “throughout the ranks” modifier in its sentence which, not coincidentally, includes management.

Lest you’re butthurt and bitter regarding my self-made middle class station in life, I do enjoy my relatively inexpensive Ford, too.
smile.gif

1929ModelAdeluxeroadster.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Really guys?

Aren't trucks about doing work and hauling gear? Leave the cosmetic stuff to the car guys.

Some men have the optional $4000 'glitter & glam' package on their truck. The most work it will ever see is going to HomeDepot and transporting a lawnmower or a few bags of mulch.

^^^That would really anger me if I owned my buddy's new F150!

I think we will all find this is temporary stuff with Ford busting out as many as they can make. I feel certain it's not as widespread as the internet makes it look...

Anyone take note where they are made? Kansas City was just brought on line not too long ago and maybe it's teething pains? (Still no excuse though.) If Dearborn is cracking them out that bad that's another issue.

But the new F150's are going like weeds around here....

Im pretty happy with the paint on our Odyssey Aluminum hood. Straight and smooth. I think the paint on the steel accord isn't quite as nice/smooth...

Id find it hard to believe that the panels wouldn't be smooth. Maybe some trucks were damaged?

Orange peel I can believe...

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I looked at two black F-150's today and the panels were perfect
21.gif

How'd the paint look? Any orange peel?

I paid attention to the door panels of the new F-150-s as they drive by. Yes, there are noticeable defects around where the door handles are.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
21.gif

Typical Ford paint. A bit of orange peel but the "normal" amount. Not bad, not great.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Olas
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Because the NSX was a hand-built exotic, not a pickup! In 1991, it cost a staggering $61,000, and they were a bit short of $90,000(!) by 2005.

NSX wasn't hand built, the body panels were stamp(or what ever technique to form aluminum panels) at a new assemblies plant Honda built for this car.

Ford has 25 years to learn/perfect the technique to make aluminum panels and they couldn't do it right.

+1!

Ally is not a new material, it doesn't have any properties we are not yet aware of. And as stated before the NSX and more recently the A8, Jaguar XJ and others are made from ally WITHOUT ripples or waves..
The technology and processes to do it properly exist and are familiar to many carmakers. Unfortunately for the consumer, Ford are to cheap to do it properly.

You guys do realize that Honda used point ignition in their mass produced cars all the way into the early 2000's when Ford and GM stopped using it in something like 80's?

Really? What early 2000's Honda used points?

You guys made me go out and check all of the panels just for the sake of it and i couldnt spot a single issue in any of my cars. Not sure what you guys talking about. (Yes, i know they are not the trucks we are talking about)

Any pics?

Just looked at my friends new F150. Body and paint look very good. Small line around the door handles in the door panel is the only flaw I can find. When you tap on the body it does sound strange, like plastic, not sheet metal.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
21.gif

Typical Ford paint. A bit of orange peel but the "normal" amount. Not bad, not great.

Color has a lot to do with it. This thread has me looking every time I'm next to one at a light. Dark blue and black seem to show the most orange peel, not surprising, white and silver the least, again not surprising. The one I mentioned the other day looked like the paint was laid down with a 3/4" roller. Light and the angle you view it at comes into play, and some are better than others. No surprises there either.

No excuse when those trucks are averaging 50k per unit.

Perhaps that speaks to the clientele buying them.
Many of these folks will buy it because it is what they have always bought. Heck anyone paying that kind of money for a pick up truck is a bit of a fool if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back