2011 Camry Using 1 Quart Every 1,000 Miles

A relative has a 2011 Camry with 195,000 miles. It uses about 1 quart (Quaker State Snythetic 0 20) every 1,000 miles. Any suggestions on what oil to top up with? I was think of using Quaker State 5 20 high miles oil? Thanks

A relative has a 2011 Camry with 195,000 miles. It uses about 1 quart (Quaker State Snythetic 0 20) every 1,000 miles. Any suggestions on what oil to top up with? I was think of using Quaker State 5 20 high miles oil? Thanks
Has it always consumed that much or is this a recent thing?

I'd start with using a 10w30. No reason a 2011 Camry needs to still be using a 20 grade. One step further, order HPL Engine Cleaner or run an oil with high solvency like HPL or Amsoil that may help clean up the rings. Or Mobil 1 in certain grades.

Supertech High Mileage synthetic 10w30 if you want to slow down consumption. Someone else on here with a similar car said that was the only product that made a difference among store bought products.

That's a bummer. Try some different ones, keep tabs on the results, and keep adding oil. At this rate I have to question if anything will "fix".

not sure my '11 Camry cared if it was 5W30 or 0W20 in the sump. 0W20 poured out faster in cold temps, during oil changes, will say that. But around 150k or so I switched to xW30.

just in the last week someone posted a descent fix for oil users , added some kind of stuff in a can that seemed to work really well , if you search im sure you will find it

No need for an Xw-20 for that engine, certainly not at this stage of its life. I've been running 5W-30 in my 2011 Camry with great results for about three years now.

Suggestions to check/replace the PCV vale and using HPL engine cleaner are worth considering.

I ran some Xw40s in my moms 2010 Camry when it started burning that bad. Not sure if it helped anything but the car ran fine.

Google BG EPR and BG MOA. Use according to the directions.

Then buy 10w30 conventional or synblend.

Have a 2014 Accord that uses some oil, but, not 1 qt per 1000 miles. After a few thousand miles of HPL's oil, it not only quit using it, the moistness around the valve cover dried up! It has 120,000 miles on it (changed the PCV about 20,000 miles ago). Pleasantly surprised both oil loss and valve cover seepage were both resolved. Esters swelling the valve cover gasket and cleaning the rings? Perhaps. Coming up on 10,000 miles on this fill...HPL is certainly going right back in.

Back