2006 Pontiac vibe 1.8 1zze auto help!

Ignition coils did not fix the problem. Throttle body does not have a iac for previous commenter.

There was a tsb for updating the ecu however my ecu vin does not match the ones recalled, if that is what what you were referring to. I noticed upon initial cold start there was a bit of a knock coming from engine that lasted 10 seconds. Perhaps a sign of not getting enough gas, who knows might have to bite the bullet and take it to the shop.

What is this black wire for under dash coming out of big wireharness? It’s cut, you will have to zoom to see it. There is no wire above to connect to so what up with that. For location in vehicle it’s right beside fuse box on driver side feet. For a tech to check ground?

Attachments

• IMG_0628.jpeg
    IMG_0628.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
There was a tsb for updating the ecu however my ecu vin does not match the ones recalled, if that is what what you were referring to. I noticed upon initial cold start there was a bit of a knock coming from engine that lasted 10 seconds. Perhaps a sign of not getting enough gas, who knows might have to bite the bullet and take it to the shop.

I ordered a pump because at this point all that’s left is that and ecu. Will provide update prob next week.

Well it was not the fuel pump. I am convinced either the ecu needs an update from that old tsb or it has an internal fault. It must have something to do once the ecu goes to sleep after like 4 min. I can confirm the injectors are not pulsing for that first 5 turns.

Back