2 Stroke: 40:1 or 50:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run all my OPE at 40:1 for the added life expectancy. If I had a bronze bushed conrod engine I would run 16 or 32:1. If I had junk 2 stroke that ran I would consider an experiment mixing gas and straight MMO at 40:1. Would probably work just fine in a modern needle/ball bearing engine. Off to youtube/google to see if its been done already.

Originally Posted By: super20dan
opti 2 highly overrated. i tried it for several years. no benifit and high cost. amzoil is far better.

I agree. I actually mix the Amsoil Sabre Pro at 80:1 for a little added protection. It actually smokes on startup at that mix. I am breaking a new Stihl Leafblower BG55 with the mix above. I use 93 octane no ethanol or alcohol fuel with is awesome stuff. I add a little bit of Stabil to it also. It is a synthetic that is why i am not worried about the 40:1 mix. I think that is a little rich. Otherwise i would run a 50:1 mix but the Amsoil stuff has a good warranty. They claim not to void any warranty on your OPE which is a plus.

After finally running out of Mobil 1 2T, I switched to Bel Ray H1R at 40-1 in my chainsaws and 50-1 in my other OPE. I also use either VP Small Engine Fuel 94 octane or Tru-Fuel 92 octane, both Ethanol free with no additives and straight fuel.

Just remember. The more oil in the fuel, the leaner the air/fuel mixture. If you have a non-adjustable carb, stay with the factory recommendation. If you go from 32-1 to 50-1, be prepared to lean out your adjustment screws and the same holds true in reverse.

32:1 for chainsaws....50:1 for lower revving OPE and mopeds/scooters...

And I am using only synthetic 2T oil...

My cheap-o Ryobi chainsaw and my cheap-o weed wacker brand line trimmer all get their fuel from my dirt bike (Kawasaki KX250) which sees Honda GN2 at 32:1. Very little smoke when warm and no exhaust goop either (spooge). Gas is ethanol free 87 octane from Cenex.

Same 32:1 pre-mixed fuel goes into my four stroke lawnmower for the last 15 years. No problems.
49.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back