Running 40:1 in a 50:1 world.

VP C9 here (special order). I used to run 100LL, but C9 has a much better distillation curve/Reed vapor pressure for a 2 cycle. I used Champion WP-2 semi-synth 2t based on a number of reviews on various different sites. It's not really that well known from what I can tell. Give it a shot if you haven't, you can buy it online at various sites. Also have tried Lubegard's oil, I prefer Champion because its a much heavier visc (how much that really matters for my usage I have no idea honestly). Both of these oils have very low odor when burning.

VP C9 users, Do you guys have a better source than online? I see VP C9 online for $99 per 5 gallon jug. That’s crazy. I use E0 91 and haven’t had any issues. Last time I got fuel it was ~$4.50 per gallon in the spring.

Just my $0.02

VP C9 users, Do you guys have a better source than online? I see VP C9 online for $99 per 5 gallon jug. That’s crazy. I use E0 91 and haven’t had any issues. Last time I got fuel it was ~$4.50 per gallon in the spring.

Just my $0.02
I have a dealer 3 miles away that has just about any fuel in the VP lineup seriously everything on hand. I have been going to her for years she knows what I'm looking for when I walk in amd treats me good I believe last can was 73.00 dollars. I believe few years ago it was about 63.oo per can.

My John Deere chain saw requires 20-1. ( it's 45 years old ) The mix I do, winds up being 16-1. 8 oz of oil to a gallon of gas. I've have run my Stihl weed whipper ( 40-1 ) for a dozen years or so on the 16-1, runs fine. I've just bought a Husqvarna leaf blower and I'm running that on the 16-1. No issues so far.

Back