2/3rds of the Countries on Planet Earth Just Closed for the Duration of the World Cup

Feel free not to

Feel free to exit...stage left 🇨🇦 .
D21E5148-11D7-4478-9D04-0A9EB3660157.jpeg

I don't know a thing about FIFA, but I am in a auto glass shop having a windshield replaced, and fifa is on the waiting room tv and they just played the star spangled banner. All the USA players were very respectful. Very nice to see.

I hope a country would not close for that lol. Never would have guessed soccer had such a big following. If they close for soccer then no excuses not to shut down for baseball haha. I can say I’ve never watched the World Cup. I don’t understand it it must be like different countries playing and whoever does best wins?

I think you are missing the point. Soccer is a very, very low cost game to play and it is the barrier that breaks the ice when you trying to meet new friends.

Unless you saw this as a kid it is hard for most folks to understand the LOVE for the sport.

I hope you take no offense to my reply.
Soccer is to the rest of the world what basketball is in the US. All you need is a ball and sneakers and you can play.

Yes, it's also the "real" football meaning the game actually played with your feet lol.
American football use their feet A LOT though, they stand around on them doing nothing for 2 hours and 45 minutes of the 3 hours the games take to "play". The game with a 60-minute clock....

When we were in Finland a few years ago, our host was very keen on the World Cup. Once I understood some of the subtleties, I found soccer (aka football) an elegant and fascinating sport. They call it the beautiful game. These guys run non stop for 90 minutes, only 5 player substitutions are allowed during the entire game, knocking people down is not allowed, and there's no stopping for bum patting like you see in certain other sports.

I like it a lot and plan to watch every knockout game. BTW Canada has been knocked out as has the US.

I’d rather watch daytime soaps
I'll admit, daytime soaps can reel you in and get you hooked haha!:D

My gf used to record one (AMC) and we'd watch it that evening when we got home from work. Cliffhanger Friday always had me on needles and pins!

Funny thing we always said about the soaps, they were always filthy rich, but not ONCE did you ever see them go to work haha! :ROFLMAO:

Back