Can somebody school me on bone china teacups etc is there any mkt for it?

My blessed wife of 50 yrs died last April. In her younger days, she was an avid yard sale devotee. I have 8 china cabinets packed with bee-yoot-iful plates and cups. If I can't put them in the dishwasher or microwave, they're useless. Anybody know how to get rid of the stuff. Hopefully sell??? No need for condolences, just advice please TIA

Lime most collectibles, interest has waned a bit. BUT a quick internet search will show you what the going prices are.
Largest sales seem to be Ebay, but there is a site for replacement pieces that might make a deal.

Maybe call up an auction house nearby who specializes in antiques? They should be able to give you an idea if you have anything of significant value. If so, they could help you liquidate.

My blessed wife of 50 yrs died last April. In her younger days, she was an avid yard sale devotee. I have 8 china cabinets packed with bee-yoot-iful plates and cups. If I can't put them in the dishwasher or microwave, they're useless. Anybody know how to get rid of the stuff. Hopefully sell??? No need for condolences, just advice please TIA
Unless you have the time to catalog, research, etc., the collection, I'd instead spend the time searching for an expert, preferably one who can market them.

Oh boy, this forum never ceases to amaze me. Not too mention life in general. If we go first the shoes on the other foot. “My husband just passed away suddenly and left me 100 qts of oil, how do I get rid of this stuff?” Seriously though, in her honor, catalog everything and spend a weekend selling it at a local auction or garage sale. There are so many folks, just like your deceased bride, who would love to give those items a second, third or fourth life. And an opportunity for you to give a back story to them. Perfect closure.

There is a company near me that deals in this sort of thing. I would contact them, they might want names/brands pictures, and can tell you if its worth selling, or shipping to them. If you have that much, and its valuable , they might even come to get it.

Are you trying to get rid of them asap, find a good home for them to someone who really appreciate it, or want to maximize the money you make on them?

1st you can just donate them or put them on FB market place or craigslist, 2nd you can probably look up some hobby group and see who wants them, 3rd would be just find someone who would help you sell them.

3rd is a dream. 2nd is a hope. 1st is probably the reality
There is a company near me that deals in this sort of thing. I would contact them, they might want names/brands pictures, and can tell you if its worth selling, or shipping to them. If you have that much, and its valuable , they might even come to get it.

Thanks spasm 3, gonna pull that string
wpod, Marina was gone before she hit the floor. She'd suffered for 15 yrs with crushed spinal nerves that were inoperable, She was a trooper who struggled with the pain daily to keep from taking too much Oxycontin. The pain wore her out and she could barely walk. I miss her, but it makes me sad to think about her suffering the way did.

Back