‘16 Pilot under the hood observations

That trip to Florida is like being a runner use to doing 5K runs and suddenly doing a 26.2 mile marathon.
Joking!
We’re headed from Spring, TX to Panama City, roughly 600mi. Couple of years ago driven to Orlando, and managed to do it in one seating with 3 and 5 yr old in the back seat lol. I was impressed how my kiddos handled the trip

Thanks for the note! I change those cabin filter once a year, and that was on the list when I get back. Along with the oil change and tranny D&F!
Most excellent. Enjoy your trip. To me it sounds like that you have things well in hand regarding your car maintenance items.

Most excellent. Enjoy your trip. To me it sounds like that you have things well in hand regarding your car maintenance items.
Thank you Sir. Yes, mycarfax all that I use to track all maintenance had multiple entries over the years. To some it may seem like way too much, but not to me lol

We went to Destin FL last year from north Texas. The olm was at 40% so I was like why not do an oil change but don’t reset the olm till 15%. By the time we got back the olm read 30%, lol. Went off topic.

We went to Destin FL last year from north Texas. The olm was at 40% so I was like why not do an oil change but don’t reset the olm till 15%. By the time we got back the olm read 30%, lol. Went off topic.
yeah we often over do things. you could have easily made the trip as shown by the meter.

Aren’t those known for power steering leaks? My in laws asked me to check theirs with higher mileage like 122k and it was a mess. Their car must have been older I googled and 2016 is eps. My bad

This is exactly why I rent a vehicle for long trips....if at all possible. For the $60/day, I make reliability someone else's problem.

Made it to Panama City Beach, 12hrs with 2stops for gas/food. Average MPG 27.5, maintained 75 mph. SVCM muzzler, 5w30 PP in the sump. Average tranny temp 170F.

Quick update: made it back to Texas. Great trip, 25-26 mpg on the way back with 75-80 mph, 165-170F tranny temp. Cold AC, no visible leaks on the suspect AC line. One thing I was amazed by is how comfortable Michelin defenders are, super soft and quite when set at 35 psi.

Back