Dad rear ended his Mazda5 into an SUV

2014 Mazda5 Touring with only 50k miles with a roof rack and rear camber kit (to fix factory rear camber that eats tires).

Nobody is hurt, the SUV is fine, his Mazda5's front bumper got pushed in a bit, hood no longer lines up but can still close. The front fenders seems to be pushed "out" a bit like it is toe out. The car drives fine, no alignment issue, paint is still good, head lights are ok it seems.

Based on the photos here, I suspect some crumble zone component like bumper reinforcement bar needs replacement, and maybe some small parts under the fender or bumper need a "pull" back to the right spot. My favorite body shop has closed permanently (not sure if the owner retires or pandemic impact), so now I want to ask others how much would this likely cost, and whether it is just some parts replacements or need to grind / spot weld / hydraulic pull or bent.

Attachments

• IMG_3888[1].JPG
    IMG_3888[1].JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3889[1].JPG
    IMG_3889[1].JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3890[1].JPG
    IMG_3890[1].JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3891[1].JPG
    IMG_3891[1].JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3892[1].JPG
    IMG_3892[1].JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3893[1].JPG
    IMG_3893[1].JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3894[1].JPG
    IMG_3894[1].JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 47
Doesnt look too bad nose pushed in a little lifting hood.. and a plastic bumper that should snap back in.

but your photos are abit lacking you have tons of (IMO)too closeup photos and nothing of the whole front of the car. / center

Doesn’t look bad, but be prepared for it to be totaled.

Body shops are backed up, repair costs have skyrocketed, and that requires a couple of panels to be replaced/repaired.

My Buddy’s Audi Q7 looked better than this Mazda - and USAA cut him a check for $27,000 when they totaled it.

So about this van. A lot of parts seems to be back ordered and I can't seem to find this in the junkyard much without a front end damage. I've had car that get pushed in bumper but the left and right fenders weren't "toed out" like this, although by a little bit. If it is just simple parts I am sure I can swap but if pulling is needed then it won't work.

It totally needs a body shop. I have no concern of it being totaled.

This was a friend of mine's 2008 CRV that was wrecked earlier this year and the insurance fixed it. It was actually wrecked 6 months before this and looked exactly the same, so fixed twice.

0AACB75A-26C2-4961-8D5B-635ED1924E07.jpeg

So about this van. A lot of parts seems to be back ordered and I can't seem to find this in the junkyard much without a front end damage. I've had car that get pushed in bumper but the left and right fenders weren't "toed out" like this, although by a little bit. If it is just simple parts I am sure I can swap but if pulling is needed then it won't work.
Its not a common vehicle, but that damage looks easy to self fix if you are going that route vs getting it repaired via insurance.

Back