0w30 vs 5w30 94 civic d16z6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i usually run Mobil1 5w30 syn, and am probably going to give Amsoil a try and was wondering your thoughts on running 0w30 over 5w30? Any pro? cons?\

thanx guys!

no response or suggestions here?

good (amsoil, mobil1 etc...) synthetic 5w30 vs 0w30 pros/cons?

i usually run 5w30 yr round with no complaints, but a friend of mine suggested 0w30 " youll save gas and make a lil more power b/c the engine doesnt have to work as much with 0w30 oil as compared to 5w30"

[censored]? i kinda think so, but want your opinions

Save gas... I highly doubt it. More power... unless this is a ricer where a wing and a sticker give it an extra 100hp.....not likely ANY more power.. Just faster flowing during engine start up.. I say go for it.
Dusty

so the only advantage to 0w30 is startup/cold engine protection?

would i need to change back to 5w30 in the winter?

Originally Posted By: 94exa2
so the only advantage to 0w30 is startup/cold engine protection?

Protection is not the right word. The 0W-30 just flows ever so slightly better on start-up.
Originally Posted By: 94exa2

would i need to change back to 5w30 in the winter?

That question suggests you don't realize that the 0W-30 is lighter than the 5W-30 and that lighter is better.

You need to do some more reading up on the motor oil basics.

ill probably just stick to 530 unless ppl steer me towards 030 for any good reason

I would look at M1 0W 30 5 qrt jug at WM and run it year round - it's a very good oil .

Originally Posted By: steve20
but, is Amsoil 0-30 lighter than M1 5-30at the temps he is going to experience? maybe not

It's not maybe not, it's definately not.
M1 0W-30 is the lightest 30wt available in the States.
But that wasn't the OP's question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back