Maxlife: the Acme of Valvoline PCMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Paul, how does this compare to the older SL oils?

Same, except I had not obtained it for the synths before. They did not have HTHS for Maxlife SAE 30 or for 20w50 Synpower.

Hot off the phone, current HTHS viscosities for most Valvoline PCMOs:

5w20 AllClimate, Durablend, and Synpower: all 2.6

5w30 AllClimate, Durablend, and Synpower: all 3.0
5w30 Maxlife: 3.2
5w30 Maxlife Synthetic: 3.5

10w30 AllClimate, Durablend, and Synpower: all 3.0
10w30 Maxlife: 3.3
10w30 Maxlife Synthetic: 3.6

10w40 AllClimate, Durablend, and Maxlife: all 3.5

Given the importance of a robust HTHS viscosity, it is clear that Maxlife is the King of Valvoline, except in 10w40 I would put Durablend right alongside Maxlife. And the Maxlife Synthetic leaves Synpower in the dust.

How did you get free MaxLife ??
dunno.gif

Durablend SL had the ACEA A3 rating and then the SM did not. I hope it is only a matter of running the tests so they can add it to the label.

Free Maxlife was on several different offers earlier this year. AutoZone, Advance Auto, and I think one of those western stores like Kragen or something. Don't know if there are any free offers now, but check the forum here on rebated and deals.

Yep, A3 Durablend SL..I still have 5qts of that from the freebie Ebay/Valvo several months back.

Is the 10w40 All Climate in the SM version?..if so(sans the weak add pack but can be easily spiked with SPOT), the base oil with this high HTHS could be the next Valvo bargain sleeper oil.

Well I have never been fond of AllClimate, but with a HTHS of 3.5 I guess you can't complain. I do think they improved AC with the move to SM. Just a hunch, but worth looking into because it is cheaper than Maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back