a few pics of the Bird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
was bored, and took a few pics of the bird ...now at 116k, unwashed and unwaxed...will soon get a clay/AIO job
smile.gif

Tbird-07001.jpg

Tbird-07003.jpg

Tbird-07004.jpg

Nice ride, still in pristine condition. Looking at the pics, it looks very clean. I'll bet the interior is just as clean. What is AIO job? By they way what wax you been using?

I noticed the rear window has some spots/blisters. Don't know what causes that, seen many cars with tinted windows have that problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I've only washed the car since I got it 4 yrs ago
frown.gif

except one time washed and used some wax u dry stuff. that's all for the last 4 yrs...
(believe me you can see dirt on the surface if you look at the car "in person"...the color helps disguise it pretty well.)
I know I'm a horrible person
smile.gif

AIO= Klasse All In One.

However, i do clean the inside and dash pretty often (using Einszett tiefenpfleger). interior is in very good condition:

Tbird-07008.jpg

simplegifts:
lol...at least I didn't flip it.
smile.gif

I meant to say I've only washed the car ONCE since I got it 4 yrs ago, and that was with some Eagle 1 wash-as u dry. sorry.

Right now it has Havoline HM 10/30...

it has used/uses a variety of oils: MC (only winter, this time it hasn't been cold enough here to switch to MC, so I just kept the summer Havoline HM)
in the past: Pennzoil HM 10/30, Chevron 10/30, one time GC, one time M-1 suv 5-40.

and then there was a phase where I had MC 10/30 fortified with Redline 10/40 !!!

Right now, i'm pretty much settled on summer oil: havoline HM 10/30,
winter oil: MC 10/30.

Right now it uses about 0.5 qts in 5,000 miles, which is sort of my OCI, 'cause this car only runs around in campus for the last 3 yrs...hasn't had a hwy trip in 3 yrs...it's my daily driver...the 4.6L v-8 has been very dependable. just school-work-grocery getter...i hope it'll get me thru school.
I'm also glad that it has the '97 sport pkg, which, along with the moonroof, got kinda rare in 1997, which was the last yr for this car...

What? You only washed it once in 4 years??? Amazing! The body looks great for a 10 year old car! I try to wash mine once a week, unless I'm out of town.

Obviously I can't tell exactly what shape the paint is in from these pics - as you say, it can probably use a good clay session. I just had mine polished and teflon'ed. The black paint gets a serious beating down here in FL, and unfortunately my car spends an entire day out in the sun. The paint just gets oxidized very quickly. Black was not my first choice of color as I know how tough it is to maintain, alas the first priority was to find a low-mileage stickshift, and it just happened to be black.

Anyway, glad to see the bird is serving you well...

Thanks for all the comments/compliments.
QPete, If I had a bmw it will be black, too: ultimate goal is a 335i in black...in a few yrs, I should be able to afford a used '07...or perhaps a '08, so they'll have the bugs wirked out.
With me, I really wanted a black bird, but I could not find a '97 black with sport pkg. in the end, I decided that a non-favorite color is better than losing the sport package...for a large rwd car, the bird handles very weel, but that's only because of the larger discs (front), stiffer springs all around and larger wheels, and a thicker rear sway bar, all of which are in the sport pkg.
I am very attached to the bird, which has never let me stranded, and has started EVERY single time at the first turn of key, since I got it with 72k miles...despite heavy short trip abuse, bird has passed emissions well so far...
Whatever car I get in the future when I'm out of college, it's going to be VERY difficult to let Bird go...perhaps I'll keep it as a beater...IF I can afford all that someday.

btw, I just looked at your Bimmer, pete.
VERY nice. The pain to keep black looking good is worth it.
are those factory wheels?

Please do not post andy pictures of your T-Bird after cleaning and waxing it. I'd probably go blind, because even your dirty car gives my retinas second degree burns.

Last edited:
Nice one 97T!

I just love pictures of a well maintained vehicle. The more meticulous the better.

Pete, great shot of your 530. The e39 is the best generation of 5 series made (from a reliability, and many will argue performance standpoint) and in my own opinion is one of the most beautiful and pure/true BMW designs ever. I suppose I've betrayed my anti-Bangle bias.

Anyhow, we need more car pictures on BITOG!

Quote:

Pete, great shot of your 530.

Anyhow, we need more car pictures on BITOG!

Thanks, Jim.

Not to steal 97Tbird's thunder (pun, pun!), but here's my current desktop wallpaper. Yeah, I like to self indulge...
laugh.gif

I also finally installed the DICE iPod integration kit. Neat stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back