How bad is it?

Hello,

Hope you are all well.

Was changing the oil on my 2006 ML 500 a week ago. I had two jugs of PP Euro 5w-40 and I dumped one jug in and then had to step inside since my sister was asking for some help. When I came back out I cracked open another PP bottle and started to pour. I realized quickly that I was pouring in the Pennzoil Platinum HM 5w30 for the Toyota (the next car I was going to do) and I quickly stopped.

I poured in about what, give or take 500ml of the HM 5w30 before I realized. I then proceeded to pour in the other bottle of PP Euro 5w40 that I had. So in total I poured 7.9 litres of of the 5w40 Euro (as per spec 229.5) and 500ml of the PP HM 5w30.

Would there be any "adverse effects" from this or no? I know I'm overthinking it but still, I know how stringent MB is with their specs. Thanks in advance for you assistance and time.

Last edited:
You are overthinking it.
laugh.gif

Have any other vehicles coming up for a change? You could always use a clean pan, and swap the oil out of the ML 500 and into a vehicle with less stringent specs( or back into the jugs ). The refill with what you want.

Overall oil is so good now, i cannot imagine i hurting for 1 oci.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kschachn
As long as no power bait fell into the hole you are perfectly fine.

banana2.gif

Even VW with their supper strict approvals required for oil on newer cars permits using up to half a quart of unapproved make up oil. You're good.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
Even VW with their supper strict approvals required for oil on newer cars permits using up to half a quart of unapproved make up oil. You're good.

This.

Originally Posted by user52165
You are overthinking it.
laugh.gif

Thought so, thank you.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Have any other vehicles coming up for a change? You could always use a clean pan, and swap the oil out of the ML 500 and into a vehicle with less stringent specs( or back into the jugs ). The refill with what you want.

Overall oil is so good now, i cannot imagine i hurting for 1 oci.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by philipp10
Get therapy.....

No. We OCD/crazy people are what keep forums like this alive and other businesses in business
wink.gif
Thanks for the responses everyone, they are appreciated.

Last edited:
Just for historical humor:

I clicked on the "Power Bait" link and I see it's the Royal Purple of bait!

Fish in my world all have magic lips. They can clean a hook undetectably.

Back